Celestial Children are an enemy in Bloodborne.
The Celestial Child is an enemy that can be found in Bloodborne. These tiny larvae, which dwell in the upper regions of the Cathedral Ward, are quite weak. They will attack the player with small bites or acid when engaged at close-range, but should prove to be little more than bothersome to most low or mid-level players.
They move slowly and have extremely short range, so long-ranged weapons are effective. The only problem with these larvae is that they inflict frenzy buildup with each attack, therefore it is wise not to let them hit you at all. If hit, players can always use sedatives and the frenzy effects should quickly clear up.
- Don't get hit, as their attacks cause very fast frenzy buildup, particularly the acid.
- They vomit acid at the player, so it's wise to move behind them.
- They are generally slow and can't turn very fast, so it should be easy to kill them.
- Molotovs and throwing knives are useful, since it moves at snail pace.
|Attack Name||Attack Description|
|Acid Pool||Will vomit a pool of acid.|
|Acid Spray||Will spit a spray of acid at the player.|
|Bites||When the player approaches, it will attempt to bite him/her very slowly.|
- Pvt_Booger -
- All of the Celestial Children in the location will stare up at the Grand Cathedral which is later revealed to also be the location of a Great One hidden by the Church - Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos.
- Arianna, Woman of Pleasure gives birth to one of these creatures if she is sent to Oedon Chapel and survives past the killing of Micolash, Host of the Nightmare. Killing the creature will yield a Third of Umbilical Cord.
- Because of the fact that they exclusively appear in the area opened by the "Orphanage Key," given that Arianna gives birth to one, and the general stereotypes surrounding Victorian orphanages, which were traditionally run by the church, there's a very good chance that either they were once children, or their conception (likely via cross-breeding with Great Ones) was endorsed by the church.
- Several dead or mummified Celestial Children can be found in cages in Byrgenwerth and the Lecture Building.
- The Celestial Children much resemble The Demonic Child from Berserk, which Casca gave birth to after being impreganted by Griffith.
- Celestial Larvae have a cross shaped mouth with 4 flaps flexing when about to bite. They do in fact have teeth.
- The 4 suction cups on their head serve as eyes, which is revealed if they manage to absorb your Blood Echoes.