|Health||98 ~ 153|
|Drops||Blood Vials, Throwing Knife, Ritual Materials, 53 ~ 62 Blood Echoes|
|Locations||Central Yharnam, Chalice Dungeons|
Labyrinth Rats are enemies in Bloodborne. While hardly a threat one-on-one, these vermin travel in packs in the labyrinth. A pack of plague-ridden rats can take turns pouncing the Hunter with toxic fangs.
Rats are fairly common in Yharnam sewers, and can also be found in large numbers in Chalice dungeons. Pthumerian dungeons at lower depths have their fair share of these creatures, and variants are also found in dungeons of higher difficulty.
- The rats do a forward rush and lunge that can be deadly for new hunters. They will rear up before they attack.
- Rats are easily flanked and have no way to attack you until they are facing you again.
- Fast weapons are advised.
- Fighting them one by one is preferred.
- In the Yharnam sewers, players will be able to see them from above. This gives an opportunity for molotovs or knives to take them out.
These enemies have some variants, like rats exuding poisonous fumes, or ones with white lumps on their backs. The fumes mean they're poisonous and can drop high lvl poison gems, the lumps are cosmetic.
|Central Yharnam||98||62||(x1) 15%, (x2) 5%||-|
|Chalice Dungeons||123||53||-||(x1) 4%, (x2) 0.4%|
Notes & Trivia
- Rats seem to have unusually large eyes
- They always hang around in packs.
- They will start sniffing the air once the player is nearby.
- Attacks include: Paw swipes (left or right), Moving forward and biting and lunging at the player.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
A strategy I use is R2 charge attack with Holy Moonlight sword UNTRANSFORMED, it's pretty reliable.
Time for rat
Does this one make all the rules?
"Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist..." ... YOU DIED
The rat design in Bloodborne is the best of any Fromsoft game. And that sniffing they do when you get close is just brilliant.
"The lumps are purely cosmetic." I'm pretty sure the ones with lumps build up rapid poison?
Or are they crazy people wearing beasts skins and bones as a disguise?