Labyrinth Rats are enemies in Bloodborne. While hardly a threat one-on-one, these vermin travel in packs in the labyrinth. A pack of plague-ridden rats can take turns pouncing the Hunter with toxic fangs.
Rats are fairly common in Yharnam sewers, and can also be found in large numbers in Chalice dungeons. Pthumerian dungeons at lower depths have their fair share of these creatures, and variants are also found in dungeons of higher difficulty.
- The rats do a forward rush and lunge that can be deadly for new hunters. They will rear up before they attack.
- Rats are easily flanked and have no way to attack you until they are facing you again.
- Fast weapons are advised.
- Fighting them one by one is preferred.
- In the Yharnam sewers, players will be able to see them from above. This gives an opportunity for molotovs or knives to take them out.
These enemies have some variants, like rats exuding poisonous fumes, or ones with white lumps on their backs. The fumes mean they're poisonous and can drop high lvl poison gems, the lumps are cosmetic.
- Rats seem to have unusually large eyes
- They always hang around in packs.
- They will start sniffing the air once the player is nearby.
- Attacks include: Paw swipes (left or right), Moving forward and biting and lunging at the player.