Gels hide in grimy pools and the dark, earthy hallways of Loran and Pthumeru. They fall from above to swallow careless hunters whole and rapidly subsume soft tissue. Bones of former prey can be seen in a gel's tar-like body.
- Weak to Bolt, Arcane and Fire
- Very strong against physical based attacks.
- Cannot be staggered.
- This type of enemy also exists in Dark Souls 1 (as well as many other western RPGs, and JRPGs for that matter. Slimes are a staple in dungeon and cave environments)
- Watch the ceilings in dark, earthy hallways. They can be difficult to spot while hiding, and their grab is unavoidable if the player moves directly beneath them.
- Attacks slowly. Elemental damage can dispatch them before they can react. The Hunter's Torch is effective as a last resort.
- Weak to arcane and bolt damage, and exceptionally weak to fire.
|Pthumeru||HP||Echoes||(1) Drop%||(2) Drop%||(1-2) Drop%|
|Loran||HP||Echoes||(1) Drop%||(2) Drop%||(1-2) Drop%|
- Lore theories exist under Blood Lore - Black Blood Theory.