- During this fight we see a crowd of Celestial Mob with the Celestial Emissary boss (which looks exactly like the other Celestials) hiding between them. While the other Celestial Mobs are hostile and chase the player, the Celestial Emissary stays back, giving the player a way to recognize him. An easy way to pick out the Emissary in a group is that he will have no life bar above his head when struck.
- Gain 0 Insight for finding the boss and 2 Insight for killing it.
- Blood Echoes: NG (24,640), NG+ (92,848), NG++ (102,133), NG+3 (116,060). NG+7 and so on (232,120)
[no NG+6 source to cross reference]
- Arcane Damp Blood Gem (6) (when fought in Great Isz Chalice)
- In the Orphanage, in Upper Cathedral Ward (requires Orphanage Key dropped from enemy).
- Great Isz Chalice (Layer 2)
- Vulnerable to Bolt, then Fire
- This boss fight has 3 phases:
- At the beginning of the fight there will simply be lots of Celestial Mobs trying to attack you.
- After he has lost 50% of his HP, the Celestial Emissary grows in size and acquires new attacks.
- Around the 25% HP mark, he will start growing tentacles in his head, similar to the Celestial Mobs that hurl arcane projectiles toward the player (note: this variant of Celestial Mob is not present in this boss fight).
- Celestial Mobs will keep spawning as long as the boss is alive and every Celestial Mob left will die instantly when the boss dies.
- In the Great Isz Chalice version the boss is more aggressive before the transformation and will hound the player. There are no extra enemies so it is easier to focus on the boss and dodge his attacks. After the transformation he may use his Cosmic Barrage attack if you back up to a medium to long range distance. Dodge his Cosmic Barrage either by sprinting in a circle or hiding behind the the convenient pillar placed in the middle of the room. All his moves except for the sudden Quad Stomp, and slightly quick Penta-Rush, are heavily telegraphed and are incredibly easy to dodge. Stay behind him when possible and shave off his health.
- A particularly easy strategy is just to get him to transform into the larger form and poison him and run to the higher area to take on the smaller mobs
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter|
|Quad Stomp||A series of four stomps with a very short telegraph. Stomp order goes: Left Leg, Right Leg, Right Leg, Left Leg|
|Torso Drop||Reaches into the air before dropping his body and arms on the player|
|Swipes (Can do 1, 2, or 3 hits)||Heavily telegraphed arms swipes. Attack order is: Right arm, left arm, then Torso Drop|
|Cosmic Barrage (Transformation)||Upon his transformation he will sprout blue tentacles from his head and will from time to time (and depending on distance) emit a bright, blue aura of cosmic energy from his head and unleash 6 quick cosmic lasers on your current location|
|Penta-Rush||A quick 5-hit series of arm swipes with a small telegraph time. Attack order: Right arm, left arm, right arm, left arm, quick pause, right arm|
- You should pinpoint the correct alien at the beginning and focus on him. On his last phase, you need to stay close to him so that he won't cast his laser spell at you as it is very strong. A good way to avoid it is by standing behind a pillar while killing the mob.
- It is possible to one shot this boss. During the transformation animation, get behind it and land a charged attack followed by a visceral attack.
- Control the horde that is running to you by using wide range attacks (e.g. R2 of the blade of mercy, which can hit 5-6 of them in one swing). Be patient and chip him away, he does not have that much HP.
- A leveled-up Tonitrus can get him into his second phase with two well timed combos. Trick the weapon, clear out the mobs and then attack him mercilessly.
- You get ~6 seconds to attack the boss if you can clear out the mob entirely before they respawn.
- Shaman bone works in this boss fight, and will cause Celestial Mobs to attack the boss.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!