Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
|22822||72730||Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice||Yharnam Stone|
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen is a Boss in Bloodborne.
Yharnam, Pthumerian Queen
- Use the Fextra dungeon Glyphs for better chances of co-op: Defiled Chalice - b4bi2s3n Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice - egn5rrdj
- Found in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon at the final layer. To get the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice and create the dungeon you need to do:
- Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Central Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Lower Pthumeru Chalice Dungeon
- Ailing Loran Chalice Dungeon, for the 2x Bastard of Loran (found in layer 3) needed to create the Defiled Chalice dungeon.
- Defiled Chalice Dungeon
- Lower Loran Chalice Dungeon or Great Isz Chalice Dungeon for the 2x Red Jelly (found in layer 3 of either) needed to create the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice Dungeon (assuming you picked up 2x in the chest in the Lecture Building)
- If you need large amounts of Arcane Haze, after completing the Lower Pthumeru Chalice dungeon, create a Lower Pthumeru Root Chalice Dungeon with the glyph code v38v6td4, get to the 2nd layer, open the door to the boss path and enter the side door before the boss. Explore that area and you will find a division with a coffin guarded by some enemies. In that coffin is the Workshop Haze Extractor that allows you to extract Arcane Haze from any ritual material (the material is destroyed after this process).
- If you need Ritual Blood (5), you can easily farm it by doing dungeon search, pick Standard, Loran, Depth 4, and pick any result. Load the dungeon enter the first room, it will be a room full of beasts and you can see a ladder at the end. Run by every enemy towards the ladder, pass the ladder and enter the doorway on the right, cross that tunnel (careful with the blade trap at the end) and enter the next room. There will be a werewolf at the right, kill it and open the chest nearby, it will have 2x Ritual Blood (5). Run back to the lamp or use a Bold Hunter Mark, go back to the dream, remove chalice and repeat the search if you need more.
- All her blood attacks cause rapid poison to build up, so bring Antidotes.
- Only the end of the second "Cry" of the three, will root you if close in melee range. When you hear the second cry jump back, then come back in for a strike.
- Usually you can only get 1-2 hits on her, then you have to distance yourself, otherwise you get chained down
- Sometimes the baby doesn't cry right when you start attacking her. Listen carefully and especially in the first phase you can just spam R1 despite your stamina and interrupt her slowly starting attacks until after a while baby forces you to stop. It is possible to R1 spam the whole first phase if the baby stays silent.
- The first phase you can just dodge through the blood rain she shoots from her wrist, to get your hits in (don't do that once phase 2 starts, you'll get hit)
- Phase 2 starts at around 70-75% she will break her handcuffs and will start using her knife in melee (perfect for riposting, makes the fight a whole lot faster)
- As for riposting, just get close in shortly, backstep and interrupt her from a safer distance, otherwise you'll get chained and can't get your Visceral Attack in.
- At some point she will disappear and summon clones, just hit/shoot them once, and they will disappear (clones only shoot one blood bullet from distance).
- At around 50% she will use a new ranged skill, which involves her cutting her wrist and summon blood knives that attack you from the ground, just sidestep the ground knives; there will be 5 fast ones (just sprint around the arena) and a 6th one that will be delayed
- Poison Knives work great. 4 will be enough to start the slow poison. It's recommended to wait for the more difficult half of the fight (You can't kill her with 20 Poison Knives alone, but having it chip away in the background makes the fight significantly shorter).
- You can attack her safely with the transformed Threaded Cane without causing the baby to cry. This makes the fight go much faster if you've already invested in upgrading one. Since she flinches on hits in her first phase, you can effectively stunlock her to 70% as well as deal significant amounts of damage to her in her phase 2 when she's simply walking around.
- Alternately, go for hit and run tactic with Burial Blade dash R1 in its scythe form and immediately steps backward.
- Throwing any type of knife at her places her in some sort of immobile state, and interrupts many of her attacks. This works well in her third stage. You can use this opportunity to heal yourself, land a couple hits, or force her melee attacks to set up a Visceral Attack.
- Using Holy Moonlight Sword L2 attack, you can keep knocking her down essentially avoiding getting hit. Be careful as you can clip her into the center column and be unable to hit her (Just pushed her into a wall and clipped her through the floor; she died seconds later (half health to instant kill)).
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter|
|Blood Missile (1 or 3 projectiles)||Fast long range shot fired in a series of 1-3. In the beginning of the fight only one missile but later 3 missiles together. The clones shoot always single projectiles which is a good way of identifieng them. Dodge left or right.|
|Blood Fountain||Launches a slow rain of blood from her wrists. In the first stage of the fight can be dodged under the rain by quickstepping right towards her but later rain becomes too heavy.|
|Blood Blast||Heavy close range attack in the first phase of the fight. Lifts her hands up and launches an AoE blast. Dodge straight away from her. Usually one quickstep and some walking is enough so that after blast player can quickstep back to her and attack.|
|Telekinesis Attack||Bows slightly forward and the ground around her start to glow blue light. Act fast! Quickstep away from the glow or run towards the Queen and attack her. Area of the spell has visual borders. If you do not dodge or interrupt the attack you will get thrown around in the air and slammed to ground taking massive amount of damage.|
|Single Blood Spears from the floor||Stabs her hand with her sword causing a blood spear arise from the floor right under you. She can do one after another up to 3-4 times. Timing to dodge is as soon as she stabs herself. Not earlier.|
|Walls of Blood Spears||Stabs her hand and a line of spears arise from the floor. She can do another as soon as one line finishes up to 3-4 times. Excellent opportunity to quickstep behind her and do a charge attack to get a backstab chance.|
|Sword Rush||Takes a fast and far reaching jump towards you and slashes with her sword. Easily dodged.|
|Blood Storm||After buffing her sword pushes it to the ground and pillars of blood erupts near her much like the fire pillars in Fire Storm magic in Dark Souls. Don't try anything, just dodge away from her.|
|Slashing with her sword||Swings her sword (buffed or not) at you and tries to stab too if you get in range. Baiting an melee attack, dodging away and taking a rather easy countershot from the follow ups to stagger her is a solid strategy and visceral attacks makes this fight too much easier.|
(( Please respect these video posting guidelines))
Notes & Trivia
- She is the only boss in the game with a gold trophy for defeating her.
- She drops the Yharnam Stone, but only in Ihyll encounter, as she doesn't drop anything in Mergo's Loft.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
I like this bossfight, could be a bit harder tho since it's supposed to be like a final chalice dungeon boss.
You can stunlock her on stand up with Augur of Ebrietas backstabs and viscerals, lmao. Easiest cheese in the entire game.
i just pushed her through the wall with auger. 11/10 will do again.
She's scaled to gherman's difficulty... but it doesn't account for the hunter being cracked out of their mind on chalice gems
She's so much easier than the headless Bloodletting Beast on the previous floor. Unlike that BS fight, I actually enjoyed this one. Very cool design and setup.
Haha your baby’s died.
Why does this boss have two pages?
Aside from the Yharnam Stone that she drops , does she drop like Blood Stone Chunks or Blood Rock , or Blood Gems ( Cursed & such ).... Or is it just a Yharnam Stone from her ? Even after doing this Chalice multiple times aswell... I'm at NG+ now with my Hunter reaching Blood Level 200 exactly , i just finished the Defiled Pthumeru Chalices which are good chalices for Cursed Radial Gems indeed ( 20%+ Physical Damage Gems which are the best Gems in the original game instead of the Ones you get at Mergo's Middle Loft 18%'s ). But as for Queen Pthumeru doesn't she drop like extra BS Chunks or maybe a Blood Rock ? I need some Chunks as i have 6 Weapons now with Fully +10 upgrades , also just got an extra Blood Rock for the next weapon too.
Funky dog head *****
u spelled pthumerian wrong above her picture
i killed her in the labyrinth and she still showed up outside mergos loft
This boss was a disappointment to me, by the time a got to her (tier 5 chalice) I already had 50 in both dex and str and a +10 LDB, she was little more than a miniboss.
Used +6 threaded cane with fire gems, not the best gems either. Once you hear second baby cry, get out of there. Just keep dodging/ rolling around, I did spam a few executioner's gloves as well
Visceral attack her once from behind, and you've won the fight.
Once she gets visceral-attacked, all you have to do is a couple steps forward and charge your stunning attack. She'll get stunned. You'll viscerate her again.
Rinse and repeat.
Make her scream.
Bathe the whole hall in her blood.
The only three things that could break the visceral chain (other than an error on your part) are the ill luck where she ends up against some element of the room in a way that prevents you from continuing and her two changes of phase (getting her sword out first, and making it bloody later); I'm not sure the phase changes would interrupt the chain, perhaps if you're lucky she won't even be able to start the animations.
But in any case, what I'm sure about is that after she has the bloody sword, this strategy works 100%.
Having a companion is extremely helpful (I had the Regicide, who worked wonders, always keeping her busy and blasting his cannon in her face). It is helpful per se, but even more the moment you see her targeting him and leaving her back all for you to devastate.
Spamming Executioner's Gloves in the last phase was humorous as all her attacks were either easily avoided or didn't reach me, all the while you have her screaming non-stop. The one clone left alive didn't even bother helping her and decided to chill on the opposite site of the Rotunda.
Honestly, she might be the only female Pthumerian our character encounters inside these Labyrinths.
Mad ? Yes, probably...
She dosent appear to be malformed or anything...Except from the bloodstains on her dress, of course...
The Yharnam stone might have the answer, regarding her being present in a labyrinth, as well as the whole Mergo's Wet Nurse thing...
Madness due to loss of a baby ? That leaves more holes in the story than you could shake a stick at...
Maybe she is somewhat like the Vileblood Queen, Annalise...Instead of Chevaliers and ghosts she's got actual beings protecting her, like the Pthumerian Miners, Descendants and Elders...Then again there is no " Martyr Logarius " in her story, imprisoning her and preventing anyone from interacting with her...
Then again, you face Rom in other Chalice Dungeons, a " Kin " Beast that originally was found in the Lake of Byrgenwerth...Sort of...
After the boss fight you see a figure that looks like her, looking at the moon, before you pass out...That dosent mean though that she is that Being we see...
Never the less, we dont have solid proof about her past...As fot her future... Well, we kinda kill her, you know... Hunters hunt Kin, Beasts and Pthumerians...
Aaand completionists like their gold trophies...We all do...
Any reason why her hands are chained
What significance to the lore is she? Why does she bow after the Wetnurse bossfight? Why is she in the moon pool? why is it that when you check under her dress, she wears an invisible set of pantsu?
Am I correct in saying that Yharnam is the final chalice boss?
Whirlygig Saw absolutely destroys her. Beast blood pellet + L2 holding attack completely trivializes this boss. Her back is against the wall at the start of the fight so she can't move, keeping her within range of the saw, and the attack seems to completely stunlock her regardless. Fight couldn't have taken me more than a minute on my first try.