The Workshop is the upgrade mechanic of Bloodborne. By accessing this forge, the player can use Blood Stones and Blood Gems to fortify or repair weapons.
- The Workshop is located in the Hunter's Dream, next to the fireplace.
- You may use Blood Stone Shards, Twin Blood Stone Shards, Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks to strengthen your Weapons. This is done in the normal +1, +2, +3 fashion.
- Fortifying a weapon will also unlock its Blood Gem Imprint slots.
- Fortify to +1 to unlock the 1st, +3 the 2nd and +6 the 3rd slot.
- Fortifying a weapon automatically repairs them.
- You may use Blood Echoes to restore the durability of your weapons. Repairing may only be done at the workshop.
- Weapons can also be infused with Blood Gems, to further strengthen them or to add additional properties.
- The Blood Gem Workshop Tool is needed to infuse weapons with Blood Gems.
- Blood Gem Imprints will unlock as you upgrade the weapon. (see Fortify above)
- Blood Gems also have to match the shape of the Imprint to be able to apply them. The Droplet variant, however, fits any shape.
- Blood Gems are reusable. Meaning you can swap out one Gem with another, to change the properties of the weapon, without consuming the gem. This also allows you to transfer your gems between weapons.
- Gems effects are tied to the weapon they are attached to, rather than acting as global boost to your character. i.e. damage boosting gems in your trick weapon won't affect your pistol.
|The Blood Gem Imprint slots of the Saw Cleaver and Blunderbuss.|
- Requires Workshop Haze Extractor to use this function
- Allows the player to extract Arcane Haze from Ritual Materials
- Arcane Haze is a special ritual material for Chalice Dungeons
- Exits the Workshop menu.
Workshop Artwork by Ishutani
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
its harder to get blood rocks then any other upgrade in fromsoftware games, jeez its insane
I find it funny that if someone got Isekai’ed into the Bloodborne universe they’d have access pretty quickly to items we have to work hard for
So this simply just like titanite system of Dark Souls 3
That is some absolutely SICK artwork. Gives me chills to see every weapon in such a pretty style.
dodge and hit and then molotov [repeat]
BLOOD COCKTAILS, throw them over and over
Any ideas on how to cheese the blood starved beast
Look at all the purty weapons
Poor "Rifle Spear"...nobody care even in the "Workshop Artwork" above. >_<
If a weapon like the tonitrus or boom hammer has an innate element, would it be better to pump up the elemental damage and give it more lightning/fire or increase its base damage? Or is there a way to increase both and make it even more effective?
Guys +%Elemental gems actually do add, in the minimum, a fire or bolt animation to the weapon/enemy when attacked. This includes weapons such as burial blade, where damage isn't converted to fire.
I am not talking about Add Fire Attack or Add Bolt Attack Gems where it is a flat rate, I'm talking about the % gems that usually convert the Sawspear or Threaded Cane into an elemental weapon using it's base damage as the modifier.
i don't speak english very well but very good content on this page
What does the number after the Plus do for physical,fire, boltATK?
There is another Option for the Workshop , called: 'Arcane Haze'
You can unlock a workshop function from chalice dungeons called arcane haze gives you the ability to turn chalice ritual materials into arcane haze
Is there only One Blood rock in a Playthrough
How to open the workshop in the fire ?
Why can't we take Gehrman Sythe and Gun that are literally just sitting there next to the table? Seriously I know From Soft wanted to show Gehrmans weapons but they could have put them in a display case or something.
is there a way to repair your weapons without the workshop tool? i was having a rough time in the beginning of the game so i decided to grind out some blood echos, but now my weapon damaged making the easiest enemy a struggle. Not strong enough to get to the workshop tool. any ideas?