Blood Stone Chunk
Bloodstone Chunk is an upgrade Item in Bloodborne.
Blood Stone Chunk Usage
- Used to Fortify weapons to +9.
- You will need 3 to get to +7, 5 to +8, and 8 to +9 for a total of 16.
- Can be bought from the Insight messenger bath shop (20 insight) after defeating The One Reborn (Patch Notes V1.09)
- Very rare drop from Cain's Servant in Cainhurst Castle (floor scrubbers etc), New Game + only
- Very rare drop from gargoyle enemies in Cainhurst Castle. (Gargoyles can appear in later chalice dungeons also)
- Very rare drop from hellhound dogs (come in pairs along with the sword-wielding flame witch) in chalice dungeons.
- Very rare drop from giants in chalice dungeons.
- Rare drop from the zombie werewolves in Yahar'gul, Unseen Village.
- Rare drop from the Giant in the Lecture Building.
- Rare drop from the blue eyed werewolves in the Upper Cathedral Ward.
- Rare drop from Keeper of the Old Lords in Defiled Chalice. (Layer 1 Boss)
- Rare drop from Bloodletting Beast in Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice (Layer 2 Boss)
- Common drop from Blood-Starved Beast in Sinister Lower Loran Root Chalice. (Layer 1)
- Common drop from Brainsucker boss in FRC Isz (huy83p9r) (Layer 1) lever is directly to the right and boss to the left.
- x1 Forbidden Woods, on a body in a small cave guarded by 3 snake men in the snake part of the woods. Follow the lamps/main path until the first Viper Pit.
- x1 Cainhurst Castle, balcony above the entrance.
- x1 Cainhurst Castle, on top of a small tower near the first gargoyle.
- x1 Cainhurst Castle, middle floor of the library on the opened window side.
- x2 Cainhurst Castle, dropped by Scurrying Beast on the top floor of the library.
- x1 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, on body right by the "Yahar'gul, Unseen Village" lamp.
- x1 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, on body before the second lamp, just before the stairs where a Lesser Amygdala shoots lasers at you.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, from Scurrying Beast straight after second lamp.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, from Scurrying Beast, jump through the window during elevator ride down from "Yahar'gul, Unseen Village" lamp.
- x1 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, right after previous chunk on a body next to the bone werewolf.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, find the broken lamp, go outside to main street and turn left. On body of a snatcher in front of the large wagon.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, right next to previous chunk on the body of a snatcher, guarded by an Undead Amalgam.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, down the spiral staircase from the broken lamp, on body of a snatcher on the very bottom floor.
- x2 Yahar'gul, Unseen Village, down the spiral staircase from the broken lamp to the middle floor, on body of a snatcher in the cells near the path to Darkbeast Paarl.
- x1 Lecture Building 2nd Floor, by the melted students that spit/throw quicksilver liquid at you.
- x3 Nightmare of Mensis, from Scurrying Beast before the first lamp.
- x1 Nightmare of Mensis, follow the left path from the first lamp, on body next to 2nd rock thrower.
- x1 Nightmare of Mensis, follow the left path from the first lamp, on body to the left just before the castle door.
- x1 Nightmare of Mensis, guarded by two dogs, just before second elevator.
- x3 Nightmare of Mensis, from Scurrying Beast in the Micolash boss fight area. Go down the spiraling stairs after the first phase of the fight.
- x1 Nightmare of Mensis, on body before jumping down to finish Micolash in the Micolash boss fight area.
- x2 Nightmare of Mensis, after "Mergo's Loft: Middle" lamp. Right after the lamp next to crows and a dog.
- x2 Nightmare of Mensis, after "Mergo's Loft: Middle" lamp. On body before the first maneater pig, around corner to the left of the lower staircase.
- x3 Nightmare of Mensis, after "Mergo's Loft: Middle" lamp. From Scurrying Beast, jump through broken fence to the left of the first maneater pig.
- x2 Nightmare of Mensis, after "Mergo's Loft: Middle" lamp. Follow path after previous chunk, on body guarded by two Shadows.
- x2 Nightmare Frontier, dropped by large Scurrying Beast on the lower cliff, close to the Winter Lantern, just before the area leading to Amygdala.
- x2 Nightmare Frontier, dropped by large Scurrying Beast in the poison pools near the boss, close to the elevator shortcut.
- x2 Upper Cathedral Ward, from Scurrying Beast in the left corridor from the room with the chandelier.
- x2 Hunter's Nightmare, from Scurrying Beast at the entrance to the cave at the end of the river of blood, just before the Gatling Gun Hunter.
- x1 Hunter's Nightmare, on a corpse in the cave just past the aforementioned Gatling Gun Hunter.
- x1 Hunter's Nightmare, on a corpse in the cave just past the aforementioned Gatling Gun Hunter, nearer the Blood Starved Beast there.
- x2 Hunter's Nightmare, from Scurrying Beast just down the stairs past the Nightmare Church lamp.
- x4 Research Hall, from a pair of Scurrying Beasts in the main room, just past the elevator lamp.
- x2 Research Hall, on the top floor adjacent to the rafters, guarded by a crow.
- x2 Research Hall, from a Scurrying Beast located behind the chapel window pane, in the Lumenflower Gardens after acquiring the Balcony key.
- 1x Fishing Hamlet, guarded by an enemy in the second story of the house past the first lantern.
- 1x Fishing Hamlet, on a corpse near the first Shark Giant, hanging over a ledge behind a set of ruined houses on the left.
- 3x Fishing Hamlet, dropped by a Scurrying Beast in the first house on the left after leaving the Lighthouse Hut Lantern. Will drop into a pit with flammable jars.
- 2x Fishing Hamlet, as an item drop, immediately outside of the aforementioned house on the left.
- 1x Fishing Hamlet, as an item drop in the house immediately adjacent to the other chunks. House is heavily populated with enemies.
- 1x Fishing Hamlet, as an item on the ground at the end of the first Slug People area, to the right just before the cave leading to Brador and the elevator.
The fastest and simplest way to farm Blood Stone Chunks is through using false-depth chalice dungeons.
One such dungeon glyph is bej77ini, only requiring you to kill 2 bosses in the Pthumeru Chalice, then enter glyph pxmq3t98 and purchase the Sinister Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice. Once you have access to the dungeon, unlock the boss room, slay it, remake the dungeon and repeat.
Can also be farmed from the blue-eyed Scourge Beasts in Upper Cathedral Ward. The drop rate is about 1 in 8 drop rate with high discovery. It is recommended to use a weapon with long-reach that can attack through walls.
(but really, don't do this method if you have PS Plus)
|Weapon Upgrade Quantity|
|+7||3 Blood Stone Chunks|
|+8||5 Blood Stone Chunks|
|+9||8 Blood Stone Chunks|