Patch Notes made to Bloodborne are listed on this page. Please note the newest patches are at the top.
Patch 1.09 for Bloodborne. It was released on December 21 2015.
Changes to weapons
- The strength and stamina cost for several weapons has been adjusted.
Changes to Gems
- Cursed Cold Abyssal now states: Arcane scaling +65 ; Dropped by Elder. This is a rating 20 gem.
- Cursed Heavy Abyssal now states: STR scaling +65 ; Dropped by Headless Bloodletting Beast. This is a rating 20 gem.
- Cursed Heavy Damp now states: STR scaling +50.75 ; Dropped by Headless Bloodletting Beast. This is a rating 19 gem.
- Cursed Cold now states: Arcane scaling +50 ; Dropped by Elder. This is a rating 19 gem.
- Cursed Heavy Damp now states: STR scaling +27.2 ; Dropped by Watchers. This is a rating 19 gem.
- No change to thrust gems scaling ; +23.9 and +27.2 ; Dropped by Keepers and Watches respectively. These are rating 19 gems.
- Cursed Cold now states: Arcane Scaling +35 ; Dropped by Elder. This is the rating 18 gem.
- Cursed Heavy Damp now states: STR scaling +36.5 ; Dropped by Headless Bloodletting Beast. This is the rating 18 gem.
- Cursed Heavy Damp now states: STR scaling +22.3 ; Dropped by Undead Giant. This is the rating 17 gem.
Changes to Insight Shop
- The necessary amount of Insight to trade for Blood Stone Chunk has been changed from 30 to 20.
- Trading for the Blood Rock is now possible. 60 pieces of Insight are required.
- A certain portion of the main game must been cleared in order to access the Blood Rock. (you must have defeated Mergo's Wet Nurse)
- You can trade for the Blood Rocks like normal in NG+ (no need to defeat the boss again)
Several other fixes and adjustments have been made.
- Whirligig Saw L2 stun seem to be less; *doesnt seem to stun and damage was changed, perhaps the stun against bosses?*
- Boom Hammer moveset uses less stamina; needs to be tested. Didnt see any changes to it*
- Kos Parasite 2hand jump attack stamina consumption was lowered. Can do 2 with 108 stamina
- Transformed Holy Moonlight Sword double backstab no longer seems to work. The second hit after the charged R2 makes enemies suddenly face you. Tested on the Nightmare Executioners in Hunter's Nightmare, along with the pig and sightseeing mage in Mergo's Loft: Middle. < Just backstabbed a hunters nightmare cannon giant, it still works
- *Needs testing* It is possible that in this patch, or even an earlier patch, frenzy buildup has been modified to take percentage damage from your total CURRENT health, instead of your normal total health. This now means that co-operators and confederates can survive frenzy if it activates (this MAY have been possible before, however I always died at full health to frenzy if I was summoned until recently (1st of january 2016 was the first time I noticed this change)). *Partially tested* I went to the lighthouse hut with full health, ran up to a nightmare doll, let it frenzy me, losing about 80% health (as normal). I used one blood vial (so I wouldn't die if it got a hit before re-frenzying me), got frenzied again and died. Maybe it considers altered health like cooperators have (I don't co-op, so I won't be testing that)? Now that I think about it that's probably what you meant by "current" health, but this should still help clarify.
Patch 1.08 for Bloodborne. It was released on December 01 2015.
The emergency server maintenance which occurred from yesterday (1-Dec, Tues, around 15:00) has been completed.
Also in regards to the issues like NPC survivor state not handed over properly which occurred in the previous update, we have provided a latest update (1.08) where such issues have been fixed.
(Prior to 1.08 Old Hunters summoned with the Old hunter bell would would not display "Hunter has died" notification if they were killed outside of your field of view, this is what the fix is referring to, the awkward wording is probably due to a direct translation from Japanese)
We are deeply sorry to cause such inconvenience.
Please apply the latest update (1.08) and enjoy playing "Bloodborne".
Patch 1.07 for Bloodborne. It was released on November 20th.
- New Covenant : The League
This is the confederate covenant of hunters associated with The League. You may meet Valtr (ヴァルトール) and join The League at the Forbidden Woods, in the hut that must be unlocked as a shortcut next to the first lamp. If you co-op while using the covenant rune Impurity and succeed in your task you will receive a Vermin item that will be allow you to participate in the ranking system.
- New Items: The Old Hunter Bell, Madaras Whistle (Hunter tool), One-Eyed Iron Helm and Master's Iron Helm
- New NPC Co-op Partners - please see Old Hunters page for a list of available summons.
Hunters of The League faction will be able to summon new Old Hunters into their game in several areas, including Chalice Dungeons. You must acquire the Old Hunter Bell at the Hunter's Dream and ring it to summon the Old Hunters at their specific markers. The Old Hunter Bell consumes insight on use, and you can only have a maximum of two NPC phantoms with you at a time. If you have another co-op player in your world, you can only summon one NPC helper.
- Chalice Dungeon Changes
Non-root Chalice Dungeons will now have have a default glyph in order to allow easier co-op and pvp: This means you now can find other players in the default dungeons, but if you would like to opt out you may create a unique glyph.
- Non-root Chalice Dungeons now have NPC summons in them.
- New Co-op "signs"
When using a summoning bell, you will now see phantoms of other players who are searching for co-op, and you will be see ripples under the phantoms who are looking for a multiplayer session if they are within your summoning range.
- Matchmaking and Stability Improvements (unspecified)
- Chikage now has a new blood-trail effect when attacking in the two handed stance.
- All ritual materials are now purchasable at the Hunter's Dream (NG+ only)
- Augur of Ebrietas can now be used to parry/backstab. Its damage has also been increased.
- The Blood Vial used in the healing animation has been made much larger and more noticeable in your characters' hand. The same change has also been made to the "Emergency Quicksilver Bullet replenishment" animation.
- The Blood Moon in Hunter's Dream under a certain condition is now displayed correctly.
- More mist and fog effects are present in some areas. (needs confirmation)
From Official JP Site
Patch 1.05 for Bloodborne. Announced to be released on July 13th.
Thank you for playing Bloodborne. The server will undergo maintenance at the date and time below.
During this time, Online Mode will be unavailable. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
02:00 - 07:00 (EDT)
01:00 - 06:00 (CDT)
00:00 - 05:00 (MDT)
06:00 - 11:00 (GMT)
23:00 - 04:00 (PDT)
Update 1.05 will be released right after the server maintenance.
The details on the update are as follows.
- If a player uses the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell while using a password, it will be clearly indicated that a password is in use.
- If the level difference between the host and the guest when matched using a password is large, the guest's stats will be adjusted to match the host's. [Most of the time, the higher person would be hit with a HP reduction; if the gap is large then a damage reduction will occur with the HP reduction]
- Insight is returned if unable to locate Small Resonant Bell after ringing Beckoning Bell
- Other bug fixes and matching improvements.
Announced for May 25th 2015
From an early stream - preview notes:
- Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
- Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.
- Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.
- Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
- A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed. (Flat Arcane Blood Gem no longer affects Rifle Spear gun damage)
- A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
- Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.
- Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.
- Passwords now work efficiently with opposing covenants (easy organized PvP finally!)
- Beasthood bar is now much easier to fill up. This also works with Beast claws, as they were buffed accordingly
- Rifle Spear shotgun glitch fixed. Was also buffed slightly in terms of damage.
- Kirkhammer stamina consumption reduced
- Wheel of Logarius stamina consumption reduced
- Hunter's bone bullet consumption reduced to 4, duration now buffed. It lasts about 16 seconds or so.
- Small Tonitrus arcane scaling and damage buffed
- A Call Beyond buffed, tracking improved
- Augur of Ebrietas arcane scaling buffed
- All casting damage during riposte buffed
- Choir bell bullet consumption reduced, effect now scales accordingly to arcane stat
- Insight store now only requires 1 insight, huzzah!
- Short root chalice is now sold there for 10 insight.
- You can now buy Blood Stone Chunks at the Insight Store in Hunter's Dream for 30 Insight each.
- You can now buy lost and uncanny weapons at any messenger baths
- Summon HP in cursed dungeons now scales accordingly down to 50% (Used to be 65)
- Summons now spawn at lamp instead of randomly in the pits of hell with some mob
- Fixed frame rate drops during co-op
- Fast moving enemies will no longer "Warp" around during online play.
- Options can now be accessed via title screen
Thank you for playing Bloodborne.
An update is available.
- Main points of UPDATE 1.03
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
- This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes
- Loading screens now show items and their descriptions
- Cannon consumes 12 Quicksilver Bullets instead of 10.
- Old Hunter Bone consumes 5 Quicksilver Bullets instead of 6.
- Choir Bell consumes 8 Quicksilver Bullets instead of 10.
- Fixes the issue of not being able to obtain the "Lunarium Key" once the user partakes in online multiplayer as a co-operative guest by using the "Small Resonant Bell" or as a hostile guest by using the "Sinister Resonant Bell" in the area, "Forbidden Woods".
- Fixed Duplication Bug
- Bug fixes
- Minor Name Changes and option to show name Online added.
- Iosefka's clinic is now called " 1st Floor Sickroom".
- Doll text now reads "An abandoned doll".
- Headstone of awakening is now " Yharnam Headstone".
- Under options you may now select to display your character name or online name for online play.
- Choice at opening to play online or offline. However, servers are down until the 24th.
- Duplication glitch involving placing one pebble into storage of a second character fixed