Lore Notes are snippets of Yharnam lore found in Bloodborne. You can spot these as shining points in the ground. There is a total of ?? Lore notes, and they read as follows:
Central Yharnam Lore Notes (?)
- "Handwritten scrawl: Seek paleblood to transcend the hunt."
Location: Immediately upon waking in Iosefka's Clinic, on a chair to the character's right
- "When The hunt Began, the Healing Church left us, blocking the great bridge to Cathedral Ward, as Old Yharnam burned to the ground that moonlit night."
Location: Within the Dark House near the gate shortcut to Central Yharnam lamp. First accessed from the Great Bridge. Note is on a first floor shelf near the enemy in the wheelchair
Hunter's Dream Lore Notes (1)
- "To escape this dreadful Hunter's Dream, halt the source of the spreading scourge of beasts, lest the night carry on forever."
Location: Inside the house, behind the Memory Altar.
- "Ascend to Oedon Chapel."
Location: Inside the house, where Gehrman is normally located, after he speaks about the Healing Church Workshop.
(this note will disappear after you pick up the radiant sword hunter badge?)
Cathedral Ward Lore Notes (?)
- "The Byrgenwerth spider hides all manner of rituals, and keeps our lost master from us. A terrible shame. It makes my head shudder uncontrollably."
Location: After beating Father Gascoigne and ascending a ladder into a study as you're entering Cathedral Ward , the note is around the first table
- "A watchman of Byrgenwerth guards the gate with a password, the sacred adage of the Grand Cathedral."
Location: Found on top of the tower where you need to drop down to be able to open the second gate.
- "Heir to the ritual of blood, purveyor of ministration. Place your hand on the altar's sacred covering, and inscribe Master Laurence's adage upon your flesh."
Location: The note is on the right side near some candles before you ascend the steps inside the Grand Cathedral in Cathedral Ward.
- "The sky and the cosmos are one. - The Choir."
Location: Found on the outside of the workshop building while ascending to Upper Cathedral Ward.
Old Yharnam Lore Notes (?)
- "The red moon hangs low, and beasts rule the streets. Are we left no other choice, than to burn it all to cinders?"
Location: Up the stairs from the Bell Chime Maiden Spawn, near the Charred Hunter Set
Byrgenwerth Lore Notes (2)
- "When the red moon hangs low, the line between man and beast is blurred. And when the Great Ones descend, a womb will be blessed with child.
Location: On a Bookshelf on the same floor as the Lunarium Key door.
- "The spider hides all manner of rituals, certain to reveal nothing, for true enlightenment need not be shared."
Location: On a couch on the opposite side of the same floor as the first note.
Yahar'gul, Unseen Village Lore Notes (?)
- "Nightmarish rituals crave a newborn. Find one, and silence its harrowing cry."
Location: Right in front of Hypogean Gaol lamp on the floor
- "Madmen toil surreptitiously in rituals to beckon the moon. Uncover their secrets."
Location: Found on the right side outside of the cell you wake up in after being captured by a snatcher.
- "Behold! A Paleblood sky!"
Location: Outside Hypogean Gaol. Leave through the front door. This note is on top of the stairs leading to the area where the Yahar'gul set can be found.
- "The Mensis ritual must be stopped, lest we all become beasts."
Location: In a jail cell behind the first Chime Maiden you encounter after the Yahar'gul lantern
Lecture Building Lore Notes (?)
- "Master Willem was right. Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race."
Location: Second floor of one of the two lecture halls lying on the ground in the corner.
- "Hunt the Great Ones, Hunt the Great Ones."
Location: After picking up Note 1, progress to the next room. The note is behind a cage on a table.
- "The nameless moon presence beckoned by Laurence and his associates. Paleblood."
Location: In one the rooms at the end of the hallway on the second floor of the Lecture Building.
- "Three third cords."
Location: Same room as the third note.