Lecture Building is a location in Bloodborne.
- Previous: Grand Cathedral
- Next: Nightmare Frontier
- Suggested Level: 50 to 60
- Suggested Upgrade: +6 to +8
- Bosses: N/A
- Lamps: 2 (1 on 1st Floor)
- Gain 2 insight for finding Patches The Spider
- Gan 3 insight for going through the door and appearing in Nightmare Of Mensis
- Gain 3 insight for arriving on the 1st floor via the Lesser Amygdala at the entrance to Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
- Gain 2 insight for going through the door on the 1st floor and appearing in Nightmare Frontier
Lecture Building Map
NPCs in the area
- Red Jelly x2
- Anti-clockwise Metamorphosis
- Lecture Theatre Key
- Student Uniform
- Great One's Wisdom - After exhausting dialogue with Patches the Spider it might happen he commits suicide and when you go back you get the item.
- Sedative - Scholar drops
- This location is connected to Lecture Building 2nd Floor by a ladder.
- Online co-op is not allowed within this zone.
- It can be used as farming location the first time you access the first floor (get the tonsil stone in the forbidden woods and then let the Amygdala catch you). There is a room with many Slime Student enemies which are fairly easy to kill and located really close to the lamp, giving you around 15,000 echoes per run. Use a Bolt or Fire weapon if you can, as these enemies are stronger against physical and arcane damage. Thrust attacks may also be advantageous to the lower level character. Use combo or strong attacks for maximum echoes, and of course runes if you have any. Finally, using a Bold Hunter's Mark (bought relatively cheap from the Hunter's Dream) to respawn the enemies, and taking advantage of the short loading time for this area, there's a minimum of 45 seconds per run, making this method extremely useful.
- Having decent item discovery can allow you to use your flamethrower virtually non-stop due to the high drop rate of quicksilver bullets. Since the students deal massive durability damage, using this strategy will help avoid needless trips to the Hunter's Dream.
- Very nice place to farm Quicksilver Bullets as well.
Lecture Building Walkthrough
Entering the Lecture Building
- To reach this location, let the Lesser Amygdala in the church to the right of the Grand Cathedral, kill you while having the Tonsil Stone in your inventory. It'll trigger a cinematic, for you to then spawn next to the lamp on the first floor of the Lecture Building.
- Alternatively you can get to the Lecture Room 2nd floor by beating the One Reborn, and just past him through Advent Plaza, there is a mummy that you can inspect that teleports you to the 2nd floor lamp of the Lecture Building.
First Floor Entry
You'll wake up in a poorly-lit side room that contains nothing but lamp, so light it, then head through the door on the left. Directly opposite you is another door, if you interact with it you'll get some delightful dialogue from Patches The Spider. Once he's finished his little speech, head back into the main room. You'll come across two doors on either side of the room, the door on the right can't be opened from this side, so head into the one on the left. In this next room, there'll be a collection of desks but nothing of note, so head through the next door in this room.
Prepare for a jump scare as when you walk in the room a Slime Scholar will fall on top of you and deal some damage, so don't hover at the entrance too long. Dealing with this enemy is easy enough as it only has a small amount of HP. The teacher's desk at the front of the room holds the Lecture Theater Key, and the body in the middle of the room can grant you the Student Set. The door on the other side of the room (from the door you came in through) exits back to the end of the main room. Enter the double doors at the end of this room to be transported to Nightmare Frontier.
There a couple more doors on the sides that can be opened. The first door on the right, is locked from this side. The second door on the right can be unlocked using the Key you've just obtained in the other lecture room. BE CAREFUL! As soon as you open the door, you will be swarmed by Slime Scholars. This is a good place to farm for Sedatives, as well as Blood Echoes. Once you clear this room, head right to open the door into the room you couldn't access from the other side. Find a chest in the corner containing the Augur of Ebrietas. You can open the door to the main hall from here too.
Through the final door on the right, find a chest with 2x Red Jelly. While the final door on the left opens you up to a round room where you can treated to 2 Madman's Knowledge, and an ambush from a Slime Scholar. Now you can leave through the big doors at the end of the hall; exiting the building on the first floor leads to the Nightmare Frontier.
Lecture Building Map
Can someone help me, I am doing my first play through and I accidentally died to the amigdala and I went to the frontier, can I still go back?!
The list of enemies is not complete. There is a big guy guarding the ladder that takes you from 2nd to 1st floor to meet Patches.
Someone really should mention about the 2 hunters that lead to this area.
I seem to have found a glitch if you die on the first floor of the lecture building by blood echoes disappear I don't know if it's just but I wasn't paying attention and got ganked by the slime scholars and lost a lot of blood echoes
It's implied this location is a part of Byrgenwerth, but that the Lecture Hall itself is "adrift in the Nightmare," according to the Lecture Theater key. I wonder if that sealed trapdoor in Byrgenwerth would have just lead down here? Willem's rocking chair is found in the Lecture Hall in the room with Patches, after all. Except, this place has quite a few windows, which would be pointless in an underground space... unless they look out under the lake, which would be impressive, and not all that surprising considering the school's fixation on water and its connection to the cosmos.
In U.S., ground floor and 1st floor mean same thing, so that might be the confusion there. Just FYI.
Who knows anything about him?
Rom doesn't have to be dead to get here you have to get the tonsil from the forbidden woods
Topic. I've run all around that area, but I either just didn't see a ladder? Or something, or else I'm missing something.
I can't get through the spider door even after defeating Amydala.
You are teleported here if you just touch the body past the old one reborn. No need to get eaten by the Amygdala hanging from the ceiling. This page should definitely mention that...
Now I don't know what the deal is if you don't have access to this area yet, or why it happens, but for anyone familiar with DaS2, iirc if you died and turned off the game your bloodstains would still remain where you died. In Bloodborne, however, if you die, leaving your bloodstains somewhere, and turn off the game, they won't be there - I had lost to logarius, came back the next day and could not find my echoes as I killed him. Looking up potential glitches about it I found and confirmed it right after that your echoes will end up HERE for you to safely claim, right outside the the 1st floor lamp.
Could these lecture halls be under Byrgenweth in that trap door you can't open and that's why there's no ground floor. It could be true as Rom is a great one (like Amygdala in the nightmare frontier) who resides under the lake as in under ground level where these lecture halls could be. My theory is the nightmare is like a sphere that surrounds Yharnham. Go up or down far enough and you'll get close. The amygdalas that try to catch you are invisible until the blood moon comes down. My theory is that killing rom made the nightmares grip tighter on Yharnham revealing them. And the old labyrinths are also underground. This could also explain the architectural structure of Yharnham and why it always keeps building up.
Amygdala will only transport me to the hunters nightmare how can I go to the lecture hall without defeating the one reborn
Where is the Ladder in the 1st Floor? or do you need to reach the second floor without the ladder?
I went to lecture building using tonsil stone, however i mistakenly open door to nightmare frontier without lighting the lamp in the first place in the lecture building. now what can i do to return back to lecture building? please advice.
Um, something happened, I killed the spider (hate spiders) was teleported, then the door was open was grabbed by the big thing on the wall, transported killed the boss, came back but now the door is closed and i cant open it....
I have the tonsil stone but when I run out to where Amygdala's hand is he actually teleports me to the gate just a few feet away taking quite a bit of HP with him. Do you also need to be able to see him (have 40 insight)?
Think it's better to try in New Game + or start over on a new character?
To the funny note yes they may have fallen asleep in class... but for the XP(or w.e) run they are the ones yu let kill you.... lure them.back a bit and there yah go..
Not sure if this has been pointed out but there's some sort of coin on the wall in the Lecture Hall, which I haven't seen anywhere else. From the lamp take the first door on the right to find yourself in a small anteroom outside one the area's theaters. head to the wall opposite the entrance and turn left, between the wall and the closet/cabinet. At the end of this short corridor is a coin or a disc on the wall. I haven't been able to interact with it but I wandered around the rest of the area and didn't see it anywhere else. Any ideas?
It is the best grinding stop I have found yet. The Slime Student are very weak to fire and drop bullets, so you just have to go there with a flamethrower and a hunter torch. You open the door, lure the Slime Student out and wait for them in the door frame with your flamethrower. Then you respawn, either by consuming a Bold Hunter Mask or by letting the last Slime Student kill you (don't forget to retrieve your blood echoes). Including the loading it takes me maximum 4 minutes to make approximately 15000 Blood Echoes. This is the easiest and quickest grinding spot I know of, tell me if you know a better one.