Lecture Building is a location in Bloodborne.
- Previous: Grand Cathedral
- Next: Nightmare Frontier
- Suggested Level: 50 to 60
- Suggested Upgrade: +6 to +8
- Bosses: N/A
- Lamps: 2 (1 on 1st Floor)
- Gain 2 insight for finding Patches The Spider
- Gan 3 insight for going through the door and appearing in Nightmare Of Mensis
- Gain 3 insight for arriving on the 1st floor via the Lesser Amygdala at the entrance to Yahar'gul, Unseen Village
- Gain 2 insight for going through the door on the 1st floor and appearing in Nightmare Frontier
Lecture Building Map
NPCs in the area
- Red Jelly x2
- Anti-clockwise Metamorphosis
- Lecture Theatre Key
- Student Uniform
- Great One's Wisdom - After exhausting dialogue with Patches the Spider it might happen he commits suicide and when you go back you get the item.
- Sedative - Scholar drops
- This location is connected to Lecture Building 2nd Floor by a ladder.
- Online co-op is not allowed within this zone.
- It can be used as farming location the first time you access the first floor (get the tonsil stone in the forbidden woods and then let the Amygdala catch you). There is a room with many Slime Student enemies which are fairly easy to kill and located really close to the lamp, giving you around 15,000 echoes per run. Use a Bolt or Fire weapon if you can, as these enemies are stronger against physical and arcane damage. Thrust attacks may also be advantageous to the lower level character. Use combo or strong attacks for maximum echoes, and of course runes if you have any. Finally, using a Bold Hunter's Mark (bought relatively cheap from the Hunter's Dream) to respawn the enemies, and taking advantage of the short loading time for this area, there's a minimum of 45 seconds per run, making this method extremely useful.
- Having decent item discovery can allow you to use your flamethrower virtually non-stop due to the high drop rate of quicksilver bullets. Since the students deal massive durability damage, using this strategy will help avoid needless trips to the Hunter's Dream.
- Very nice place to farm Quicksilver Bullets as well.
Lecture Building Walkthrough
Entering the Lecture Building
- To reach this location, let the Lesser Amygdala in the church to the right of the Grand Cathedral, kill you while having the Tonsil Stone in your inventory. It'll trigger a cinematic, for you to then spawn next to the lamp on the first floor of the Lecture Building.
- Alternatively you can get to the Lecture Room 2nd floor by beating the One Reborn, and just past him through Advent Plaza, there is a mummy that you can inspect that teleports you to the 2nd floor lamp of the Lecture Building.
First Floor Entry
You'll wake up in a poorly-lit side room that contains nothing but lamp, so light it, then head through the door on the left. Directly opposite you is another door, if you interact with it you'll get some delightful dialogue from Patches The Spider. Once he's finished his little speech, head back into the main room. You'll come across two doors on either side of the room, the door on the right can't be opened from this side, so head into the one on the left. In this next room, there'll be a collection of desks but nothing of note, so head through the next door in this room.
Prepare for a jump scare as when you walk in the room a Slime Scholar will fall on top of you and deal some damage, so don't hover at the entrance too long. Dealing with this enemy is easy enough as it only has a small amount of HP. The teacher's desk at the front of the room holds the Lecture Theater Key, and the body in the middle of the room can grant you the Student Set. The door on the other side of the room (from the door you came in through) exits back to the end of the main room. Enter the double doors at the end of this room to be transported to Nightmare Frontier.
There a couple more doors on the sides that can be opened. The first door on the right, is locked from this side. The second door on the right can be unlocked using the Key you've just obtained in the other lecture room. BE CAREFUL! As soon as you open the door, you will be swarmed by Slime Scholars. This is a good place to farm for Sedatives, as well as Blood Echoes. Once you clear this room, head right to open the door into the room you couldn't access from the other side. Find a chest in the corner containing the Augur of Ebrietas. You can open the door to the main hall from here too.
Through the final door on the right, find a chest with 2x Red Jelly. While the final door on the left opens you up to a round room where you can treated to 2 Madman's Knowledge, and an ambush from a Slime Scholar. Now you can leave through the big doors at the end of the hall; exiting the building on the first floor leads to the Nightmare Frontier.
Lecture Building Map