Lesser Amygdalae are the Great Ones that can be found in various places over the course of the Hunt. Some attack, and some teleport the Hunter to other areas. They are treated as scenery obstacles instead of physical enemies.
- Outside Cathedral Ward. Afflicts Hunter with Frenzy if grabbed. Teleports the Hunter to The Hunter's Nightmare if carrying Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter.
- Just before Yahar'gul, the Unseen Village. Teleports the Hunter to Lecture Hall: 1F if carrying the Tonsil Stone.
- Over the first long staircase in Yahar'gul, afflicts Hunter with Frenzy by grabbing.
- Over the second long staircase in Yahar'gul, blasting it with Arcane Beams once the Hunter approaches.
- If Rom, the Vacuous Spider has not been defeated, they can be seen if the player has 40+ Insight.
- They can be seen at any insight level if Rom has been defeated.
|Attack Name||Attack Description|
|Grapple||If grabbed, teleports the Hunter to other locations while inflicting Frenzy.|
|Arcane Beam||Sweeps an area with Arcane Beam, the trail is fixed and can be predicted when many eyes grew on its head.|
- Amygdala (plural: Amygdalae) means "Almond" in Latin and "Almond" or "Almond Tree" in Greek (ἀμυγδάλη).
- Amygdala is a bilateral neural structure set deep within the limbic system of the brain. It is thought to be responsible for learning and organizing fear responses. Amygdalectomy - surgical removal of this structure - is associated with reduced capacity to learn memories related to fear and behaving fearfully, and the shape of Amygdala's head (and the heads of the other beings of similar appearance) roughly corresponds with the shape of this region in the brain.
- The Arcane Beam can damage both the Hunters and enemies, this includes Adversaries (invaders).
- Their eyes are visible when they fires Arcane Beams, making the belief of Great Ones having many eyes accurate.
- The opening in their chest opens and closes af if breathing. Though maybe they are winking very slowly.
- They don't seem to have the orange eyes of Amygdala in their hands, chest and feet. (needs confirmation)
- The Lesser Amygdalae become visible if the hunter has at least 40 Insight OR if the world has entered the Blood Moon phase.
- Patches the Spider speaks before the Amygdala sends the Hunter to the Lecture Building: "Oh Amygdala, have mercy on the poor bastard!"