Augur of Ebrietas is a Hunter Tool in Bloodborne.
Augur of Ebrietas Description
"Remnant of the eldritch Truth encountered at Byrgenwerth. Use phantasms, the invertebrates known to be the augurs of the Great Ones,
to partially summon abandoned Ebrietas. The initial encounter marked the start of an inquiry into the cosmos
from within the old labyrinth, and led to the establishment of the Choir."
Augur of Ebrietas Usage
- Activating this Hunter Tool causes a number of large tentacles to extend from the Hunter's hand, which deal Arcane damage and knocks enemies over.
- It can be found in the Lecture Building 1st Floor and obtained in a chest on the right side of the building (looking from the lamp to the frontier portal). The key to the locked lecture room that leads to this chest can be found in the lecture room on the left, on the lecturer's body.
- Be warned, there are roughly a dozen Slime Scholars in the lecture room on the right, whom you would be fighting at the same time. Having a weapon that hits a wide area is recommended.
- As of Patch 1.07, it can parry and backstab to open up a visceral attack.
- This can be useful if a hunter do not have access to a firearm, such as when wielding a trick weapon that occupies both hands.
- Alternatively, it can be used as a damage source, thanks to its high Arcane scaling (S).
- A common meta for Arcane builds is 50 when you plan on using the Hunter Tools that have Arcane scaling.
- It can also be used as a crowd control tool, since it knocks down most small sized enemies and stagger medium sized ones.
- It can only hit one opponent, despite the animation suggesting otherwise.
- Its range is roughly half of that of a pistol shot. Its projectile speed is the same as well, although the multiple tentacles makes it slightly more difficult to dodge.
- A selection of hostile hunters and NPCs use the Augur of Ebrietas. A list of these hunters/NPCs are:
- When used by NPCs, this attack has such a long cast/recovery time that it can be consistently punished by a quickstep around to the attacker's back, followed by a charge attack and a back-Visceral Attack.
- This strategy can also apply in PVP; however smart opponents will know to sidestep when dodging this ability, so be careful about recklessly spamming it.
- Even after Ebrietas has been defeated, the Augur can still be used to summon her tentacles.
- It's possible that the Augur is what the Empty Phantasm Shell originally belonged to.