Augur of Ebrietas is a Hunter Tool.
Augur of Ebrietas Description
"Remnant of the eldritch Truth encountered at Byrgenwerth. Use phantasms, the invertebrates known to be the augurs of the Great Ones,
to partially summon abandoned Ebrietas. The initial encounter marked the start of an inquiry into the cosmos
from within the old labyrinth, and led to the establishment of the Choir."
Augur of Ebrietas Usage
- Activating this Hunter Tool causes a number of large tentacles to extend from the Hunter's hand, which deal Arcane damage and knocks enemies over.
- As of Patch 1.07, it can parry and backstab to open up a visceral attack.
- In this sense, Augur of Ebrietas is similar to how Hunters would normally use Firearms to open up a visceral attack.
- Keep in mind this Hunter Tool can only hit one opponent, despite what the animation would suggest.
- It will also only hit the targeted opponent; any enemies in the way will simply be avoided and not hit by the attack.
- However, since it's a Hunter Tool, it can be used as long as you have enough ammunition to activate it.
- This means you would have the ability to parry/knockback an opponent regardless of your primary weapon/sidearm setup.
- It can be found in the Lecture Building 1st Floor and obtained in a chest on the right side of the building (looking from the lamp to the frontier portal). The key to the locked lecture room that leads to this chest can be found in the lecture room on the left, on the lecturer's body.
- Be warned, there are roughly a dozen Slime Scholars in the lecture room on the right, whom you would be fighting at the same time. Having a weapon that hits a wide area is recommended.
- The Augur of Ebrietas has an S scaling in Arcane.
- You can simply obtain the minimum points necessary to use this Hunter Tools for its utility.
- However, due to its high scaling, it's also worth investing high amounts of points into Arcane to maximize the damage dealt.
- A common meta for Arcane builds is 50 when you plan on using the Hunter Tools that have Arcane scaling.
- While it doesn't deal a significant amount of damage, the Augur of Ebrietas is great for catching people off guard, and has some great range as well.
- The range is roughly half of a pistol shot.
- Its projectile speed is the same as well, although the multiple tentacles makes it slightly more difficult to dodge.
- A selection of hostile hunters and NPCs use the Augur of Ebrietas. A list of these hunters/NPCs are:
- When used by NPCs, this attack has such a long cast/recovery time that it can be consistently punished by a quickstep around to the attacker's back, followed by a charge attack and a back-Visceral Attack.
- This Hunter Tool is extremely useful in boss fights against hunters, as not only is it capable of parrying if timed correctly, it can also be used repeatedly on an enemy to keep them knocked down.
- With enough Arcane, entire stages of boss fights can be "skipped" simply by spamming this Hunter Tool.
- This strategy can also apply in PVP; however smart opponents will know to sidestep when dodging this ability, so be careful about recklessly spamming it.
- Also keep in mind there is a small recovery time after it's used.
- Even after Ebrietas has been defeated, the Augur can still be used to summon her tentacles.
- It's possible that the Augur is what the Empty Phantasm Shell originally belonged to.