Accursed Brew is a Hunter Tool in Bloodborne. It was added with the DLC The Old Hunters.
Accursed Brew Description
"Skull of a local from the violated fishing village. The inside of the skull was forcibly searched for eyes, as evidenced by innumerable scratches and indentations.
No wonder the skull became stewed in curses.
They who offer baneful chants.
Weep with them, as one in trance"
Accursed Brew Usage
- Throw a concoction of curses at foes.
- After a moment of casting, the character tosses the Brew in an arc (like a Molotov Cocktail), which explodes on impact (or after a certain distance). The explosion creates a small sphere of curses that lingers momentairly and deals Arcane damage.
- After the Maria boss fight, when you exit the Clocktower and head to the Fishing Hamlet, the first NPC you will encounter will be a ranting villager. If you have the Milkweed Rune equipped, talking to him will prompt a unique dialogue, followed by receiving this Hunter Tool.
- - Fexelea Dec 6, 2015
- Deals 566 damage at 50 Arcane.
- The time to cast (throw) the Brew, accompanied with the relatively slow travel speed usually result in the Brew missing targets that are strafing or moving quickly.
- Due to the Brew's lingering hitbox however, it is possible to throw it ahead of a moving target by 'free aiming' (non-locked on, manual aiming), which will damage them as they move into it.
- Has practical applications in both Player versus Player (PvP) and Player versus Environment (PvE). The execellent Arcane scaling, economical Quicksilver Bullet usage, and ease in achieving a successful hit make it a viable Hunter Tool.
- Its damage is roughly 185% of that of Blacksky Eye.
- The Accursed Brew shares functional similarity with Pyromancy spells from Dark Souls, Dark Souls II and Dark Souls III. In particular, it is identical to certain Fireball spells.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
With 99 arcane it was doing 1300 damage to an Isz chalice 4th layer Ebrietas boss. Looking at her arcane defense I was kinda, "Buh?"
No complaints, just hmmmm...
The spike thing in the hair looks a lot like an orbitoclast, a medical tool used in lobotomies. This makes sense considering the description and appearance (as in the holes in the skull.)
H... how did I miss this? Never heard of it till i watched a pvp video using it.
Personally, after pumping my ARC to 60 and above and going for platinum, this thing started carrying me. It definitely FELT like it was doing more damage than the Executioner's Gloves bullet-for-bullet, and all I can say is that it also felt like it was doing slightly more than two Blacksky Eyes. Even if it does, however, the ease of hitting things with Blacksky Eye more than makes up for the damage differential, since it's a ton safer. Also could be that I've heard that BSE has a damage falloff due to distance, where the Accursed Brew might not! All things worth testing out, I think. If I get around to it I'll reply to myself with my results.
The unholy hand grenade
At 33 Arcane, this deals slightly more than double Blacksky Eye's damage on most opponents. Used it to cheese the Undead Giant in Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth (the one with the chains on his back that's a pain to melee). BSE: 163 (1 QS bullet) Accursed Brew: 364 (2 QS bullets) Tiny Tonitrus: 521 (6 QS bullets) AB was the best for bullet economy in this situation. Higher arcane will likely alter the math, and I haven't compared it to A Call Beyond yet. And for those looking to cheese undead giant similarly, it took 11 health vials and 12 non-blood QS bullets, so about 130ish uses of AB to drop him. Personally, I like this tool. We'll see how well it does for QS economy when I pump arcane to at least 50. I suspect this one might be pretty damn efficient.
very underused in pvp
has the range been nurfed?
That's a tool used for lobotomy sticking out of its head, known as an "ice pick." Instead of just reaching around the eyes and scrambling the patient's brain, I guess Byrgenwerth decided to literally claw out their eyes with these picks.
Deals 566 damage at 50 Arcane.. lmao who writes this stuff
I don't know how, but I used it on one mob in a chalice dungeon and it dealt 4K damage, only once and with arcane on 30
Just like dark souls arcane builds are very strategic fighting strength and beast saw builds are fun they go got a one shot three hit kill now that's no skill
Arcane in this game is basically just bad... I don't see how anyone is having fun with arcane builds. PURE arcane builds, I mean.
Is it actually good?
The poor lad gave me this while I was entering the fishing hamlet, without defeating Kos. (NG, milkweed rune on) Is this regular ?
Incredibly good against hordes of foes, used on optional area before boss in layer 2 ailing lorran chalice, on the summones spidera, about 10 spiders, works as a grenade perfect for clearing the area
I beat the last boss and went back for the item but it didn't drop. Are there any other requirements?
Can someone add the creepy dude's unique dialogue when he gives this to you?
Ah, mama Swamp's fireball . . . Such splash. Much 360. Much wins.
Looks more like this poor victim received a kiss from a brain sucker. Ironically, eyes are exactly what brain suckers are after when they tap your noggin.