Beast Roar is a Hunter Tool in Bloodborne.
Beast Roar Description
"One of the forbidden hunter tools made by Irreverent Izzy. Borrow the strength of the terrible undead darkbeasts, if only for a moment, to blast surrounding foes back with the force of a roaring beast.
The indescribable sound is broadcast with the caster's own vocal cords, which begs the question, what terrible things lurk deep within the frames of men?"
Beast Roar Usage
- When activated, it creates an area of effect shockwave that knocks back foes.
- Found in a hut, in the Forbidden Woods village.
- Deals no damage.
- The most common strategy it to employ this Hunter Tool as an anti-mob escape mechanism. An example of this would be the spiders that spawn from Rom, the Vacuous Spider, or other such enemies that are numerous and swarm the player.
- Note: Some enemy types are incredibly aggressive and can quickly recover to attack you once more.
- If timed correctly, it will deflect projectiles, both of physical and magical origins.
- However, projectiles that have homing capabilities (such as those summoned via the Executioner's Gloves) are capable of reaquiring their targets after deflection.
- Since activating Beast Roar doesn't consume stamina or stop regeneration, a popular use of the Beast Roar is to activate it when you have expended all your stamina to prevent an opponent from retaliating.
- When paired with a fast weapon, this is very powerful against NPC hunters (or even players) by cornering and stunlocking them until they die.
- It primarily works against small and humanoid-sized opponents. Larger enemies are often unaffected by the roar.
- Due to the low Arcane requirement, the Beast Roar is very inexpensive to account for and use in many different builds.
- The Beast Roar doesn't scale with any Attribute. It is one of four Hunter Tools in Bloodborne that doesn't have any scaling with Arcane.
- The Beast's Embrace Caryll Rune grants Beast Claw users a special L2 "Feral Scream" ability that is similar to the Beast Roar, but has many differences in mechanics.
- The Feral Scream ability instead boosts Beasthood. Both abilities can be employed to strengthen your combat potential.
- Despite similar appearances, the Beast Roar sound is lower pitched and guttural growl, while the Feral Scream sound is a higher pitched, wailing scream.