Tiny Tonitrus is a Hunter Tool.
Tiny Tonitrus Description
"Tiny Tonitrus is a unique weapon crafted by Archibald, the infamous eccentric of the Healing Church workshop.
This is a similar morning star mace that utilizes Quicksilver Bullets. When struck into the ground, it recreates the blue sparks that are said to surround the darkbeasts.
Like Archibald's masterpiece, this too is a superb conductor of the powerful blue sparks."
Tiny Tonitrus Usage
- This Hunter Tool summons several lightning strikes that travels directly in front of the caster for a considerable distance.
- The range of the lightning strikes is comparable to the distance of a pistol shot in Bloodborne.
- It has an incredibly high scaling with Arcane at S rank.
- As a result, it's recommended to invest heavily in Arcane if you plan to use this Hunter Tool frequently.
- For Hunter Tools that have scaling Arcane, the suggested end-game amount is 50 to take advantage of the damage caps.
- From Yahar'gul Chapel Lamp: First turn around 90 degrees to the left, run up the stairs where all the Graveyard Hags are, and look on the left side wall for a ledge to drop on so that you can enter the door way.
- Outside of the cage in the center of the room is a chest that contains the Tiny Tonitrus, but beware of the Brick Troll that guards the chest.
- The Tiny Tonitrus is an obvious choice when dealing with enemies vulnerable against bolt damage.
- Quicksilver Bullet usage can be compensated by creating Blood Bullets, resulting in 20 shots total (granted that you are not using specialized runes).
- You can also stack Formless Oedon runes to increase the possible amount.
- Oedon Writhe runes can also help to replenish ammunition. Although you may have to use QS bullets if you plan to parry opponents, any viseral attack is an option, including backstabs and crippling certain bosses such as wounding the Cleric Beast's head.
- This Hunter Tool is devastating against mobs, especially when fighting in narrow passages.
- As a result, it can be incredibly useful in chalice dungeons while baiting opponents.
- In PVP, it can be tricky to use successfully since opponents can easy sidestep to avoid the lighting strikes, but nontheless it can be a dangerous tool in skilled hands.
- The lightning it projects appears to be capable of clipping through certain solid objects, occasionally even low walls.
- Tonitrus is Latin word meaning "thunder"
- Since the Tiny Tonitrus summons lightning from the sky/atmosphere, it has a similar design to a lightning rod, albeit that it instead fires multiple lightning strikes in front of the caster rather than absorbing their power.
- Like the Tonitrus, the Tiny Tonitrus is a nod to Nikola Tesla, a famous inventer who is known for several inventions that revolved around electricity and the ability to harness its power.
- The Tiny Tonitrus was likely designed after an aspergillum , or "holy water sprinkler".
- In Leviticus, an aspergillum is used to purify lepers, but instead of holy water, the priest uses the blood of a bird.