Madaras Whistle is a Hunter Tool.
Madaras Whistle Description
"Whistle of the Madaras twins, denizens of the Forbidden Woods.
The twins grew up alongside a poisonous snake, and developed a silent, inhuman kinship.
The poisonous snake grew uncontrollably, raised on a healthy diet of beast entrails.
Even after their deaths, it is said to respond to the call of the twins' whistle from within the Nightmare."
Madaras Whistle Usage
- Using this Hunter Tool summons a gigantic snake directly underneath the user.
- The snake cannot be controlled and will always spawn under the user.
- It deals a large amount of damage in an aoe radius, originating from where it was summoned.
- The snake can damage the caster along with the enemy. The user, however, can cast the spell and quickly move away to avoid damage.
- It can be used as a trap against your victim(s) when used creatively.
- Despite what the animation looks like, the snake does not provide protection against attacks (they go straight through it).
- If you're desperate (or bored), it can be used as a suicide move in online play.
- As an adversary, one can use this on low health with the goal to kill oneself (either by the snake or the host) and lure the host in at the same time to hopefully die as well.
- Alternatively, a better usage of this move is if you know you can survive the snake's damage, but you believe the opponent will not, making this an unexpected (and very painful) execution method.
- It's carried by a hostile hunter in the Forbidden Woods who appears under certain circumstances.
- When you crush at least five Vermin, you will advance Valtr's questline, and he will announce his departure. Upon reloading the area, you will find an item he left in his place. After picking up the helmet, the enemy hunter NPC will spawn outside without needing another reload. Defeat him, then you will acquire Madara's Whistle as a reward.
- The enemy hunter will also appear after you kill Valtr; walk back to lamppost afterwards and he will be waiting for you, no reloading necessary.
- You can kill the enemy hunter easily by pushing him off the ledge in the elevator room, located in the hut next to the lamp. Run straight away into the elevator room in the hut - the enemy hunter will follow you. Using strong attack you can push him over the edge and he will fall to his death. The Madaras Whistle will appear in your inventory.
- Madara's Whistle requires/scales with Bloodtinge, a unique trait among all known hunter tools.
- In PVE, simply learn the enemy's movement patterns/tendencies and you can bait them into a deadly snake trap.
- In PVP, this item is useful as a sneak attack against unsuspecting opponents.
- One of the best ways to surprise opponents is to avoid initially wielding weapons that reveal yourself as a high bloodtinge user to the opponent (e.g. Chikage) and bait them into the trap.
- Alternatively, this item can be useful as a method to discourage opponents from getting too close to you if you need time to recooperate.
- For instance, using the Kirkhammer and this item in conjunction gives you ways to scare off opportunistic foes who will try to attack in-between swings.
- Take care if you're low on stamina yourself, since you need to escape the deadly snake as well.
- Useful if you wish to kill yourself in conjunction with blood bullet creation in order to reset your world with only one load screen and without using Bold Hunter's Marks. Alternatively the Chikage provides the same result.
- The snake summoned is similar to the ones the Shadow of Yharnam summon during the boss encounter in the Forbidden Woods.
- There are various cultures/places that have superstitions based on whistling in the night.
- Many of these superstitions (mainly Eastern) tell of foul things, snakes and evil supernatural beings, who are summoned whenever someone whistles in the night time.
- Coincidently, in Bloodborne the hunter can summon a gigantic snake during the night of the hunt by using a special whistle (evidently sunset counts as well once you hit NG+).
- "Madaras" means "of birds" in Hungarian. It is also a town in Transylvania known for its mercury mines.
- No PvP videos. Please respect our Youtube Partners guidelines.