Vermin is a Consumable Item in Bloodborne. It was added with Patch 1.07.
- Crush this item to obtain +1 rank in the covenant The League
- Can be sold for 300 Blood Echoes
- Obtained by completing a successful co-op session as a phantom whilst wearing the Impurity rune.
- Additionally if you are not a member of the league, but complete a co-op session with another phantom who is, you may receive one.
- You may also obtain Vermin for completing Chalice Dungeon objectives as a phantom whilst wearing the rune.
- Three Old Hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare drop Vermin. These hunters do not respawn, so a total of 3 vermin can be obtained this way. The aforementioned Old Hunters can be told apart, due to having red eyes. They are also stronger than the other Old Hunters in the area.
- One can be fought on a rooftop across where the player comes from at the gate square, before reaching the Nightmare Grand Cathedral. He wields a Boom Hammer.
- One can be fought guarding the Beasthunter Siaf. He wields a Beasthunter Siaf.
- One can be fought behind the Nightmare Church downstairs, where the Whirligig Saw can be found further down. He wields a Beast Cutter.
- One Vermin can be obtained by slaying Ludwig with Valtr summoned, provided Valtr survives.
- Another Vermin can be obtained in the same way by having Valtr survive the fight with Laurence.
- Successful co-op session meaning being summoned as a Confederate. The host does not get one vermin after co-op session, you must be the Phantom.
- There is currently a bug that will only count as +1 to the covenant, if you were to consume multiples of this item at once.
- Was able to obtain Vermin in the first level of the first Pthumerian Chalice Dungeon, without wearing any runes. It was dropped by an enemy during a co-op session.
- Seems like being summoned and defeating a boss with a Confederate still gives Vermin even with no Impurity equipped.
- Despite Old Hunter Yamamura being a summonable Confederate for the fight with Living Failures you do not get a Vermin for successfully completing the fight with him. Could be a possible bug.