One Third of Umbilical Cord
Third Umbilical Cord is a Consumable Item in Bloodborne.
One Third of Umbilical Cord Descriptions
Mergo's Cord: "Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. This Cord granted Mensis audience with Mergo, but resulted in the stillbirth of their brains."
Workshop's Cord: "Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream."
Arianna's Cord: "Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate, and Oedon, the formless Great One, is no different. To think, it was corrupted blood that began this eldritch liaison."
Iosefka's Cord: "Provost Willem sought the Cord in order to elevate his being and thoughts to those of a Great One, by lining his brain with eyes. The only choice, he knew, if man were to ever match Their greatness."
MASSIVE SPOILER WARNING IF YOU READ ANY FURTHER
Third Umbilical Cord Usage
- Can be used to access the third ending in the game, consuming 3 Cords before the fight against Gehrman, The First Hunter or at least before he dies, and unlock the fight against Moon Presence.
- Increases your Insight by 3 when consumed.
- 1. After killing Mergo's Wet Nurse.
- 2. Can be found in the Abandoned Old Workshop.
- 3. Killing the baby Arianna gives birth to in Tomb of Oedon sewers or killing her at Iosefka Clinic if you brought her there (after killing Micolash, Host of the Nightmare). (Missable)
- 4. Dropped by Iosefka in her clinic in 1st Floor Sick Room through the entrance from the Forbidden Woods once Rom, the Vacuous Spider has been defeated, as long as you didn't kill her prior to the boss fight. (Missable)
- Arianna will only appear in Oedon Chapel if the player sends her there.
- If the player does not interact with Arianna, her shoes can be found dropped from an enemy in Iosefka's Clinic at night time. This suggests that she found her way to the clinic on her own.
- If you visit Iosefka's clinic from the backdoor before fighting Rom, the Vacuous Spider she will turn hostile if you go too far up the stairs. If you kill her at this stage you cannot get her Umbilical Cord, however you can run away from the fight and still get it upon your return after fighting Rom.
- Its possible for the imposer not to spawn, she will however, respawn for the blood moon
- In the UK versions of the game it is called "One Third of Umbilical Cord".
- In the US versions it is called a "Third Umbilical Cord".
- There is a note in the second floor of the Lecture building stating simply "Three third cords" being the sole allusion to how to unlock the secret ending.
- Named 3本目のへその緒 in the Japanese version, literally meaning "Third Umbilical Cord".
- Named "Terzo Cordone Ombelicale" in Italian version, literally meaning "Third Umbelical Cord"
- In the original 1.0 version of the game as well as the original printing of the future press guide the description of the abandoned workshop umbilical cord says "One of the heirlooms used to contact the Great Ones, originating in the child of the Vilebloods. Long ago, in an encounter with the Great Ones, a contract was established, establishing the hunters and the hunters dream" . Another small addition is that each cord has " Keep one to fend off foul spirits, or use it to obtain great Insight".
| Antidote | | Beast Blood Pellet | | Blood of Adella | | Blood of Arianna | | Blue Elixir | | Bold Hunter's Mark | | Bolt Paper | | Bone Marrow Ash | | Coldblood | | Fire Paper | | Hand Lantern | | Hunter's Mark | | Iosefka's Blood Vial | | Lead Elixir | | Sedative | | Shaman Bone Blade | | Shining Coins | | Tiny Music Box | | Vermin |