Blood Stone Shard
Blood Stone Shard is an upgrade Item in Bloodborne.
Blood Stone Shard Usage
- Used to Fortify weapons up to +3.
- You will need 3 to get to +1, 5 to +2, and 8 to +3 for a total of 16.
- Sold by the Insight vendor (1 Insight) in the Hunter's Dream after defeating The Blood-Starved Beast (Did not kill The Blood-Starved Beast and I can purchase them with insight.)
- Sold by the Blood Echoes vendor (2000 Echoes) in the Hunter's Dream after obtaining the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge
- Possible drop from Wolf Beasts. Once you have reached the shortcut in Old Yharnam you can farm shards from the wolves in that area, which is nice to upgrade all your weapons. The Wolf Beast just before the Old Yharnam lantern appears to have a near 100% drop rate, with the chance of getting two at a time, and will also drop Beast Blood Pellets rarely.
- Possible drop from Large Huntsmen on the walkway above sewers.
- Possible drop from Church Giant
- Possible drop from Snatchers
- Possible drop from Viper Pits and Greater Viper Pits
- Possible reward for defeating Chalice Dungeon bosses in depth 1 chalices.
- Possible drop from Hunting Dogs in Hemwick Charnel Lane.
- 1x Central Yharnam, atop a flight of stairs to the right of the first Mob Bonfire.
- 1x Central Yharnam, behind some boxes near the plaza, on the left hand side when passing under the Great Bridge.
- 1x Central Yharnam, on the Great Bridge at the opposite end of Cleric Beast, hidden behind a statue.
- 1x Central Yharnam, on a ledge reached by stairs down from the Great Bridge, behind some sandbags at the far end.
- 1x Central Yharnam, on a ledge reached by stairs down from the Great Bridge, behind some boxes which also blocks a hidden sewer entrance.
- 1x Central Yharnam, on a corpse right before the shortcut gate back to the Central Yharnam Lamp.
- 1x Central Yharnam, in the way to the sewers, if you drop onto a beam instead of taking the ladder down.
- 1x Central Yharnam, in the watery level of the sewers, in a corner next to an ambushing corpse.
- 2x Central Yharnam, sewers entrance, in one of the rat holes on the ledge above the boats. First cut down the hanging corpse up at the top by exiting through the window before the sewers entrance.
- 2x Cathedral Ward, next to a big gate right before the first Reaper enemy.
- 3x Cathedral Ward, going down the stairs from the Reaper, approaching the ball and chain Reaper, behind a crow.
- 5x Cathedral Ward, in front of the ball and chain Reaper.
- 3x Cathedral Ward, drops from Scurrying Beast behind the ball and chain Reaper.
- 3x Old Yharnam, dropped by a Scurrying Beast straight ahead of the entrance.
- 1x Old Yharnam, on a ledge straight ahead of the entrance, where the Scurrying Beast drops down.
- 2x Old Yharnam, around the back of the building across the first bridge.
- 1x Old Yharnam, in a side room in the building where Djura starts shooting at you.
- 2x Old Yharnam, behind some crows before entering the second building.
- 2x Old Yharnam, on a balcony inside the large building with the beast hanging from the ceiling.
- 2x Old Yharnam, on a balcony overlooking the boss area, surrounded by crows.
- ?x Old Yharnam, drops from a Scurrying Beast in a corner of the foggy area with pillars before reaching the streets below.
- 2x Old Yharnam, in the streets below, next to the Darkbeast Paarl door.
- 2x Old Yharnam, on a side entrance in the spiral staircase shortcut connecting the upper and lower parts.
- ?x Old Yharnam, drops from a Scurrying Beast on a staircase leading down to the Church of Good Chalice.
- x36? Nightmare Frontier, drops from Scurrying Beasts throughout the area. See Scurrying Beast page for locations
- An efficient, relatively early place to farm is Hypogean Gaol lantern. Immediately down the stairs are two snatchers, who almost always drop blood stone shards (when they don't, they drop twin blood stone shards). Further down the stairs, through the first available doorway, are two more snatchers, with the same drop rates.
Trivia goes here