Beast-Possessed Soul (獣憑き Kemonotsuki lit. "Possessed Beast") is a Boss in Bloodborne.
- It is similar in appearance to the Loran Cleric found in Aling Loran Chalice.
- Primarily utilizes pyromancy and melee attacks, can grow frenzied if grappled.
- It may also appear as a regular enemy that respawns in higher difficulty dungeons.
- Central Pthumeru Chalice (Layer 1)
- Ailing Loran Chalice (Layer 1)
- Bottom of the Healing Workshop Tower
- Weak to Serrated but unlike the regular variant, not weak to Fire.
- The Beast-possessed Soul utilizes a few fire-based attacks. Most commonly, it will channel and throw 2 fireballs at the hunter (low or no AoE).
- Pungent Blood Cocktail distracts the beast-possessed soul briefly. Might require being in shorter range than Blood-starved Beast (might just be because of erratic movement).
- The Beast-possessed Soul usually does a succession of 5 or 6 swipes in a row, which can easily be parried. It would continue the assault even if the hunter backs off and it whiffs.
- Blacksky Eye can cancel out its fireball projectile. Whenever it gets hit, it repositions itself. One may exploit this and stagger it over and over again.
- Do not let the grapple or bite be connected, or else the Beast-possessed Soul will grow frenzied by having a taste of blood.
- It also has a lengthy parry window during its right hand leaping attack. Simply shoot in the middle of his leap.
- If encountered in a room with pillars the fireballs can destroy some pillar if you try hiding behind them
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter|
|Claw Combo||Back away and get a free hit at the end, or wait til second to last hit, dodge around, charge hit. Tough to get full charge. Riposte possible. try backing away and shooting when clawing. It has fast horizontal swipe and slow vertical slash variant.|
|Grapple||Charged grapple, if connected, it will bite you and go frenzied.|
|Bite||A sudden bite, if connected, it will go frenzied.|
|Fire Spray||90 degree cone. Comes from left to right (your pov).|
|Fire Balls||Hurls one or two fireballs toward you, it can be cancelled out with Blacksky Eye.|
|Fire Punch||Charges a slow but heavy punch with small fire explosion at the end. It does high damage but is very easy to dodge. When this enemy is encountered in thight corridors of high level dungeons this attack is much more dangerous than in open boss arenas.|