Loran Darkbeast is a Boss in Bloodborne.
- This boss is another version of Darkbeast Paarl.
- Defeating this boss will NOT reward you Darkbeast Paarl Trophy
- Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice
- Bolt Abyssal Blood Gem, when found in Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice
- It is suggested not to lock onto this boss as the camera can be wild.
- It is recommended to wear Bolt resistant armor like Henryk's Set.
- As soon as you enter the boss room, the boss has a high chance of doing a jumping attack. The hit box for this attack can be silly sometimes and with a cursed modifier this might one-shot you. Hug the fog gate and if he jumps it should not reach you. Note that the boss room structure can vary in chalice dungeons and in some of those staying by the gate might not be safe for the jump attack.
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter (from Paarl's page)|
|Claw Swipes||Boss swipes his claws up to three times in succession. This attack does moderate damage but is fast. When his power is fully charged, it also unleashes 3 balls of electricity that travel in a straight line.|
|Leap Swipe||Boss can leap toward a distant hunter as he swipes at them. His leap covers a lot of distance, so always try to dodge it.|
|Slam||Boss slams his claw and then emits a blast. He can use this attack in combination with his swipe attacks.|
|Electric Nova||After channeling for a few seconds, boss unleashes a nova around him that does high damage. If the hunter manages to stagger him during the channel, the boss will fall down and become completely vulnerable for a few seconds. This will also cause his attacks to be no longer infused with electricity until he recharges (which he tends to do as soon as possible).|
|Electric Breath||After a short channel, boss damages everything near his head.If not in the vicinity of his head, the hunter can safely go in for a few hits. Pay attention to which part of his body is glowing to tell whether he is doing a nova or a breath. If his chest glows, he is preparing for a nova; if his head glows, he is about to breathe.|
In this guide, you will need to keep facing the boss and bait his attacks. If you stay in front of him, the boss will most likely attack with horizontal swipes. He may attack with one horizontal swipe, two of them, or two of them followed by a forward hand stomp. You need to dodge under the first swipe and the rest of the combo will not matter to you. Go under him in order to attack.
This guide suggests focusing on the limbs of the boss. After baiting and dodging under the boss, attack the closest limb. Attacking the limbs sufficiently will cause the boss to fall down and lose his charge. Whether or not the same leg can cause the boss to fall down has not been tested in this guide. The video accompanied with this guide shows the effectiveness of focusing on the limbs.
After attacking the limbs, depending on your position, the boss will most likely do one of the following:
- Dodge sideways and attack with a quick swipe. This dodge can be fast and with the camera locked on the camera will go crazy. Without the camera locked on, you will lose sight of him. To dodge his swipe attack, simply roll opposite of where you saw the boss dodge to.
- The boss will curl up a little and start charging. Bright light will be seen from the body of the boss. This AOE will hit hard. This guide is centred on dodging through the AOE to attack the boss some more. Doing this can be tricky though. In order to dodge through this AOE, wait until the moment the boss starts raising its head up and dodge at that time. It is recommended to dodge towards the head as I found that to be easier. Watching the accompanying video to this guide should help in having a rough idea of when to dodge this AOE attack.
After doing enough damage (about one-third of its health), the boss will back away in order to charge up his body, causing him to have double charge. In double charge mode, the boss will have increased damage and extra effects to some of his attacks. The swipes will cause trails of electricity to follow and can be tricky to dodge sometimes. The AOE attack will do more damage and might one-shot you if you're on the cursed modifier. The strategy remains the same. Bait his swipes, go under the boss to attack, dodge through the AOE and repeat.
If you've focused well on the limbs. You will cause the boss to fall more than once and will have enough time to damage him. After this, the boss will attempt to dodge sideways and quick attack you at least once before trying to gain some distance to charge up again. While the boss is charging up, you can at least attack the limbs once per charge.
- The real boss in this battle is your fight against the lock-on and camera mechanics.
- Lore theories can be found under Darkbeast Lore.