Poison Knife is a projectile Item in Bloodborne.
Poison Knife Usage
- Throw at enemies to cause physical damage and add slow poison effect.
- 300 Blood Echoes (Base Price)
- 600 Blood Echoes (After entering the Cathedral Ward)
- 1300 Blood Echoes (After defeating Vicar Amelia)
- 2300 Blood Echoes (After defeating Rom, The Vacuous Spider)
- 2800 NG+
- Sold by Messengers after gaining Cosmic Eye Watcher Badge or beforehand at the bath messengers in layer 4 Lower Pthumerian Chalice
- 12x Cathedral Ward, near the plaza, at the top of the stairs down to Arianna.
- 8x Forbidden Woods, at the top of the windmill near the exit to the Suspicious Beggar.
- 3x Forbidden Woods, at the top of the windmill right next to the Suspicious Beggar.
- Dropped by Pthumerian Undead who throw Poison Knives in Chalice Dungeons (rare)
- Can be farmed from poison knife throwing undead in the first room by Layer two lamp - Central Pthumerian Chalice (common drop)
- Duration of the slow poison effect is 40 seconds.
- The damage done by poison might be based on total HP, poison resistance or something else. (needs confirmation)
- Against various enemies it resulted in 12, 13, 14 or 15 HP drained each second.
- The daggers can briefly stagger most smaller enemies, making it easier to keep throwing them until the target is poisoned. Relatively effective on NPC hunters (mostly on the Cainhurst Hunter at the end of Eileen's questline).
Trivia goes here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
In a lower hinter layer 3 just go forward from the lamp, climb ladder, go left across you will pass a puddle of poison, the next room has on your right a guy shooting a fixed cannon, go down the ladder you will find yourself on a big room full of enemies, some trapsand multiple clouds of poison, the shortcut (after you open on the other side) is going right and than left, climbing a ladder and defeating 2 guys and opening the closest room, their you will find a bath selling poison knifes for 1900 (you dont need to have anything for this, i think) and all alternative versions of the church weapons (that you need to have before or have the badges), enjoy!!!
first, how do we know the price before defeating rom since it requires a few steps after killing her to buy them ? and if it's chalice dungeons, then how do we know the prize *before entering cathedral ward* as you cannot obtain the base chalice before entering cathedral ward, given that it's how you access old yharnam and the blood starved beast ? is it just doing the maths or did something get mixed up between items ?
Absoloutly atrocious that a consumable item, that requires multiple uses to do its job, would be so expensive especially since the damage is so pathetic
You can use these to speed up the process of killing Simon to get the bowblade early
What can I do?burial BLAD I get
my thoughts, what is the items poison add, gems add a specific amount of poison, so how much poison add do the poison knives deal per hit, does it scale, vary by enemy type or does every enemy have they're set resistance to the poison knives?
with item discovering 226, 1 in 6 pthumerian undead will drop poison knife (tested on central pthumerian chalice)
with item Discovery 226, 1 in 9 pthumerian undead will drop a poison knife (tested in central pthumerian chalice)
In a lower hinter tomb dungeon. A bath was behind a door selling them even though I didn't have the badge.
They actually do some damage but are useless against actual players in pvp. If they have an antidote which is really common, landing 3 hits with a knife is really not worth the risk for dealing another 5 damage with poison. Use them on NPC hunters instead they absolutely make the toughest fights a breeze
how did people find out the prices for these before beating rom/entering cathedral ward? to GET the eye watcher badge you need to get to Yahar'Gul, which is acessible after beating rom only (I don't mean the Hypogeum Gaol, you cant get upper cathedral ward key there).
I was able to purchase these for 1900 echoes or so in the third layer of Lower Hintertomb Same Bath messenger from which the Sinister Hintertomb Root Chalice is aquired
....get the cosmic eye watcher badge
These knives have a D scaling in strength. Is anyone aware of the skill scaling of this item?