|Cathedral Ward||590 Blood Echoes
Arianna, Woman of Pleasure is a non-player character in Bloodborne.
"But...would you even take a whore's blood?"
Arianna is a prostitute who resides in the Cathedral Ward. You can speak to her at her home as soon as you reach the area, but she won't seek sanctuary until you have defeated at least one boss from either Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Hemwick Charnel Lane or Yahar' Gul the Unseen Village.
- Arianna is a survivor who is found in the lower Cathedral Ward. Take the narrow stairs down from the big plaza with the 2 church giants, down the narrow sideway with the lantern enemies, to a street with 4 NPC lamps. It's the left hand door at the dead end.
- Asks for a safe haven when the players interacts with her after defeating 3 bosses. Tell her about the safe haven at Iosefka's Clinic OR Oedon Chapel.
- Able to send her to Oedon Chapel after killing at least one boss from either Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Hemwick Charnel Lane or Yahar' Gul the Unseen Village.
- If sent to the Oedon Chapel:
- She will teach you the "Curtsy" gesture and offer a Blood of Arianna item when you talk to her.
- Adella the Nun, if present, will get jealous if the player uses Arianna's blood instead of hers, and may kill Arianna after you've accepted 3 vials of Arianna's Blood while she's present.
- To stop Adella from killing Arianna, simply remove Arianna's Blood Vial from your inventory and instead take Adella's Blood. If you defeat Rom with Adella's Blood in your inventory, Adella will not kill Arianna. Alternatively, if you never accept Arianna's blood, Adella will have nothing to trigger her jealousy and Arianna will be safe.
- Killing Adella will also prevent Arianna's death.
- In order to obtain her gesture and her blood, you must speak to her in Oedon Chapel before the Blood Moon.
- Like other NPCs, Arianna may be killed by the Suspicious Beggar, so it is not advised to send him to the Chapel if any NPC is present.
- If sent to Iosefka's Clinic:
- Iosefka will reward you with 2 Numbing Mist and 1 Insight.
- If you enter the clinic, Arianna can be found in the main hallway gazing through a window. When killed, she will drop her shoes. Arianna will not be aggressive on her own, the Hunter must strike first.
- If the Young Yharnam Girl was sent to Iosefka's clinic, she will wander the halls as a Celestial Emissary. She will not be hostile towards the player unless they kill Arianna. At which point, the Young Yharnam Girl will begin to attack you.
- If you choose to withhold information:
- Her shoes can eventually be found in Iosefka's Clinic, suggesting she found her own way there.
- Can she survive? Yes, if you prevent Adella from killing her and don't kill her yourself after she has given birth to the baby, she will live with the nightmarish baby.
- Can this NPC be an ally? Yes. After killing three bosses in the game, Arianna will ask you if you know of a safe place. Refer her to Oedon Chapel, and she will be sitting in the Cathedral Ward after the next loading screen.
- Drops: If killed, will give 590 Blood Echoes and Arianna's Shoes. (Drops in all areas, including Iosefka's Clinic)
Follow these steps to get One Third of Umbilical Cord.
- After killing at least three bosses and before the Blood Moon is up, speak to her at her home in the lower Cathedral Ward.
- When she asks for a safe place, refer her to the Oedon Chapel.
- Once you have defeated Micolash, Host of the Nightmare, she'll move to the aqueduct between the Tomb of Odeon and Cathedral Ward lamps. You must kill both Arianna's newborn and Arianna herself in order to acquire One Third of Umbilical Cord and Arianna's Shoes.
"Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day. What is it, then? I'm off during hunts, so if that's what you're here for, I'll leave you to your own devices. If that doesn't do it, come back in the morning, darling." - for male hunter.
"Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day. What is it, then? I'm off during hunts, and besides, this is no place for ladies. Wouldn't want to drag you down too..." [laughs] - for female hunter.
"Oh, thank goodness. You're a hunter, right? Might you know of a safe place? The night is long and I've very little of the incense left... Please, there must be some nice place to run off to?" (Gives option of telling her)
"Oh, thank you, darling. Maybe I'll see you there!"
"Oh, hello dear. You weren't lying, this is a safe place. Thank you. I am in your debt."
"I'd like to tender my thanks, but I haven't much to offer...all I can give is my blood. But would you even take a whore's blood?"
(If refused, or already carrying special blood): "Oh, you. I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't help you. Unless you've had a change of heart?"
"Oh, hello. The whole town's turned, has it? Quite a big family, aren't we? Though I'm afraid I seem to be the black sheep... Back for my blood, I presume."
"Oh, hello. Come closer. I'm always happy to help."
(after killing Rom, the Vacuous Spider) [hunched over, clutching herself] "Oh, hello there. Forgive me, I'm a bit out of sorts. So, no blood today, okay?"
"Oh...there's something wrong with me..." [moans]
(After giving birth) "It can't be...this is a nightmare..." [sobs and laughs]
- Arianna falls under the prophecy that is found in Byrgenwerth, "... And when the Great Ones descend, a womb will be blessed with child."
- Not only does Arianna give birth to a "Child of Blood", but like the Queen, the Blood of Arianna also has special properties.
- Arianna wears the Noble Dress found in Castle Cainhurst, insinuating she is a descendant of the nobles that lived there. However, Queen Annalise says there are only two Vilebloods remaining when the Hunter accepts the Vileblood rune. This may imply that Queen Annalise is unaware of Arianna's existence, or that the queen doesn't find her to be a true Vileblood, as she's not fulfilling the purpose of her lineage.
- Arianna's Blood has a description alluding to her blood being similar to blood forbidden by the healing church, implying that it may be Vileblood.
- In the banquet hall where the Noble Dress is found, there is a portrait of a woman in a crown holding a blonde infant, which may suggest a connection between Annalise and Arianna.
- Arianna can only be sent to Oedon Chapel before the blood moon is up. When the blood moon is up, you will get a message saying "No response".
- If you send Arianna to the clinic, you will no longer be able to acquire the third umbilical cord from her infant.
- Despite being killed by Adella, or by the player after killing her child, positioning the camera correctly will reveal that her character model still blinks.
- It takes two Pebbles to kill Arianna's newborn.