Adella the Nun
|Hypogean Gaol||Oedon Writhe|
Adella, Nun of the Healing Church is a non-player character in Bloodborne.
"Cleanse us of this horrible dream..."
A nun of the Healing Church, kidnapped from outside the Cathedral Ward and taken to Yahar-Gul by the sack-toting beasts known as Snatchers on the night of the Hunt.
- Hypogean Gaol
- If the Hunter wishes to meet Adella, they must get themselves kidnapped and taken to Hypogean Gaol themselves. Snatchers will spawn after killing the Blood-starved Beast.
- Just outside the cell where the Hunter wakes up, to the right, there is a small nook where Adella is crying and begging not to be taken. The beasts captured many girls along with her, but none of them remain: only their distant, unending moans.
- Adella is inconsolable unless the Hunter speaks to her while wearing a chestpiece representing the Healing Church, such as the White or Black Church Set, Gascoigne's Set, Choir Set, Tomb Prospector Set or the Executioner Garb. If this is done, she will calm down, offer some lore, and ask if there is any place safe where she can go. The hunter can then choose to send her to the Cathedral Ward or Iosefka's Clinic (after speaking to the resident NPCs of those two areas).
- If sent to the Oedon Chapel:
- She teaches the Church Bow (Female) gesture, and offers vials of Adella's Blood, which heal more than normal blood vials and have an additional replenishment property, continuing to heal over time. You cannot accept Adella's blood if you already have Arianna's or Saint Adeline's blood, simply use or discard your current blood if you wish to receive Adella's.
- Adella will kill Arianna if you choose the Arianna's tainted blood over her own, possibly out of jealousy. (The trigger for this event is not the fight with Rom, the Vacuous Spider, Confirmed that she killed Arianna with last boss being Blood-starved beast, once you accept Arianna's blood more than 3 times, she will kill her on next load in.)
- Eventually, after the moon turns red and if she killed Arianna because you accepted Arianna's Blood, she'll be found outside the church and turns against the hunter out of her insanity.
- You can't obtain her gesture or her blood if you haven't talked to her in Oedon Chapel until the Blood Moon.
- Like other NPCs, Adella may be killed by the Suspicious Beggar, so it is not advised to send him to the Chapel if any NPC is present.
- If sent to Iosefka's Clinic:
- If you choose to withhold information:
- After you warp away from the area she will leave the prison. She can later be found dead, on a staircase up the street of Yahar'Gul, near a pack of dogs. The Oedon Writhe rune can be found on her corpse.
- "Oedon Writhe" Caryll Rune (Weak)
Upon entering the room and standing on the stair case, the young woman can be heard saying:
Please, Leave me be... Don't Take me... Please... Oh, please, dear gods."
"Oh, merciful gods, help me..."/ "In the name of the Healing Church, cleanse us of this horrible dream..."
While telling her about a safe place:
Ahh, by your garb... the Healing Church...
You've come to save me...Ahh!
Thank you, dear saint!
I have no words to express my relief...
You could take this, at least.
It's sure to please an upstanding member of the church like you.
Ahh, thank you so much. Dear gods...
Thank you so much.
I was seized on the street by a hulking brute in the Cathedral Ward and locked up here.
There were many others, but they've been taken away...
And I've heard moans, echoes in the distance, ever since...
So, the hunt is on tonight?
Then the streets are perilous... And every door will be shut tight...
Perhaps it isn't my place to ask, but...
Do you know somehwhere that might take me in?
Oh, thank you so much.
I'll set out as soon as I can.
I pray for success on your hunt.
Talk in the Cathedral Ward:
Oh, brave hunter, you are alive.
Thank you very much.
The town is in disarray, but there are still people here.
Together, we await the help of the Healing Church.
I cannot begin to express my gratitude to you.
The only thing I can offer... Is my own lowly blood.
If it would suffice...
(Refuse) Forgive me, I... I should have known better. What would a brave hunter do with lowly blood like mine? Please, forget I even asked.
(Receive) Yes, of course. Come in close... Now, take my blood...
After the moon turns red (and if you consumed Blood of Arianna 4 or more times):
"Tee hee... My sweet hunter..."
"Your blood is tainted..."
"I can't ha... I can't help myself... hahaha haha..."
After Killing the Player：
I'll never leave your side..."
What have I done..." (does not speak if the moon turned red)
- "The healing church nuns are chosen for their merit as vessels for blood, and groomed as Blood Saints. The mere chance of being treated with their blood lends legitimacy to the Healing Church and communion." -Blood of Adella
- Is unavailable anytime after the paleblood moon occurs. ( Before the one reborn boss fight )
- If you accept Arianna's blood more than 3 times while Adella is in the church, just kill the nun after she gives you the gesture to be safe because glitches have been reported with this NPC, she no longer contributes and eventually goes mad and attacks the hunter for being "impure" anyways.
- When ever you talk to Arianna while Adella is also in the Chapel Adella will look over to the two of you talking.
- Adella may suddenly disappear from Oedon Chapel after sending her there. It is currently unknown why this can happen.
- Requires a Healing Church chest armor to send to either safe place. Gascoigne's set works, so don't worry if you've sold the Black church set.
- Adella will disappear from the game entirely if she is not spoken to before the player kills Rom, causing the player to miss out on a potential caryll rune and gesture. Make sure to talk to her/kill her BEFORE killing Rom.
- If you do not consume 3 vials of Arianna's Blood and talk to her after the Moon is red, she will just giggle manically. (tested on 2 playthroughs)
- When she attacks the player, she wields a unique dagger. The closest equivalent is the Chime Maiden dagger, but the hilt is different. Also, Adella does completely negligible damage and is a nonthreat to the player, similar to Rhea of Thorolund in Dark Souls.
- In her aggressive state, she can be lured to and picked up by the Amygdala nearby. If the player has the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter in their inventory, this will trigger the DLC cutscene and the player will be transported to the Hunter's Nightmare.