|Forbidden Woods||beast rune|
"Certain Church hunters obfuscate their identities and slip into the nooks and crannies of the city. These hunters are keen to early signs of the scourge, serving as a first line of defense against its outbreak. Or perhaps, when the time is ripe, they find signs of the scourge where there are none. It just goes to show, the corner beggar is not always who he seems."
Transformed Man or The Suspicious Beggar is an NPC in Bloodborne. He can be sent to Iosefka's Clinic or Oedon Chapel.
The Suspicious Beggar is first discovered, breathless, standing above several mauled bodies and eating one of them. He asks the Hunter if they were responsible for killing the Wolf Beast below the balcony, then thanks them and asks if they know of any safe places. He'll give you two Pungent Blood Cocktails upon answering with a yes. The Suspicious Beggar is a massive Abhorrent Beast in disguise, and when attacked he will transform into his true form.
The Suspicious Beggar can be found in the Forbidden Woods. After riding down the elevator in the building by the lamp, drop down on the path ahead and turn left, then enter the building across the small bridge and go up the ramp to the right. Go out the window, follow the path up the ladder to the left and you will find him after traversing the gears above where you can find the Cannon.
Note: If you wait for the red moon to appear before meeting him, he will disappear for the rest of the playthrough.
- If sent to the Oedon Chapel:
- He will slowly murder each of the NPCs that the Hunter sends there, although if you talk to him afterward, he'll give you Beast Blood Pellets.
- On arrival, he will kill the first NPC. Afterwards, for every boss you defeat (Chalice bosses included), he will kill another NPC. With each NPC he kills, he will reward you with Beast Blood Pellets when spoken to. The NPCs killed will also drop the items they would have dropped if you had killed them yourself. After killing the last NPC, and talking to him to receive your rewards/gifts, he will vanish when you reload the area. (have not been able to find him after he left). Aggroing him will not change the system by which he kills the survivors.
- He will take out the NPCs in this order: (needs confirmation)
- Skeptical Man. Talk to him after and he'll give you 3 Beast Blood Pellets.
- Lonely Old Woman. Talk to him after and he'll give you 2 Pellets.
- Adella the Nun. Talk to him after and he'll give you 2 Pellets.
- Oedon Chapel Dweller. Talk to him after and he'll give you 3 Pellets.
- Arianna. Talk to him after and he'll give you 2 Pellets.
- If sent to Iosefka's Clinic:
- If you withold information:
- No effect.
Forbidden Woods Encounter:
"Blimey! Don't scare me like that. On a night like this... I took you for a monster."
"Oh, thank the stars, you're fairly normal... Was it you put down that awful beast?"
"Oh, that thing had me be trembling, frozen in me boots. And then you came along."
"Well... if you're a hunter... then..."
"Would you know of any safe havens?"
If sent to Oedon Chapel or Iosefka's Clinic:
"Well... I will be! Thank you!"
"It's about time I made a move. I can't very well stay out on me own..."
"Oh you've given me hope... Terribly kind of you."
"Take this. It's all I can offer as thanks." (gives Pungent Blood Cocktail)
"Thank you. It's about time I made a move."
"I can't very well stay out on me own...""
If withheld locations:
"Oh yeah, of course not... I should've known."
"This whole place's falling apart, once again..."
"It's the curse of Yharnam..."
Oedon Chapel Encounter:
"Ah, hello again."
"I owe this to you. It's a wonderful place."
"They even let beggars like myself in!"
"What's better, we keep our distance, don't step on anyone's toes, right?"
"The way proper Yharnamites ought to live!"
"Oh, let me share something with you."
"My secret stash. Really prime stuff..."
"Ah, hello again."
"I really do owe you a terrible lot."
"Finding me such a nice place to live."
"This is a smashing place."
"it's everything Yharnam ever had, and more!"
After the transformation:
"Oh, you are a sick puppy! You drink the blood of half the town, and now this! And you talk of beasts? You hunters are the real killers!"
"Have you got a screw loose? Or is it your... animal intuition"
"You hunters have got more blood on your hands."
"Die! Die, die! Hunters are killers, nothing less! You call ME a beast? A Beast!? What would you know? I didn't ask for this!"
"Rancid beasts, every last one of us..."
- Fight him in the Forbidden Woods. Attack him a few times and he will transform, health replenished.
- It is advised to fight him on the balcony as the player can exploit the small doorway connecting it to the building and attack with impunity. Just watch out for his attack that causes the ground to throw you up against the ceiling.
- When transformed, he is extremely weak to poison. Three Poison Knives will poison him and remove about a third of his health. You can find some right next to him near the balcony edge. Once he transforms retreat to the doorway and throw a knife, wait for the poison to wear off and throw another, just make sure to retreat back to stay out of range of his ground pound attack.
- Alternatively, you can roll off the balcony, which should make him stand on the edge. He should be within shooting or throwing distance, but be unable to attack.
- If the Suspicious Beggar is outside of Oedon Chapel, you can attack him until he transforms. Like other enemies, he will not be able to enter the cathedral. You can safely attack him from inside, preferably with ranged attacks. Killing him successfully, he will drop the Beast Rune. Alternatively, use Shaman Bone Blade onto the Kidnapper and bait him to attack the Beggar.
- He will be transformed into one of the Celestial Beings and drop the beast rune. Note, you will not get the large number of echoes from killing him this way like you can with the other two ways.
- His dialogues suggest that beasts are sentient beings. Despite his murderous nature, he considers the hunters as more bloodthirsty and merciless than the beasts, while the beasts preying on the others for daily need and hunger are far more normal than those who hunt beasts just because they're beasts.
- The Harrowed Hood suggested the Begger was once a Church Hunter who obfuscated his identity and served as the first line of defense against the Beast Outbreak, he instead became a sentient beast himself. It could also be the side effect of the Beast's Embrace rune.
- It is also a known fact the beasts were once humans, as suggested by Djura.
- His act of murdering other NPCs is similar to the behavior of Yurt the Silent Chief from Demon's Souls.
- He wears the Madman Leggings and Harrowed Hood. As of The Old Hunters DLC it can be obtained as a part of the Harrowed set. (Only if you own the DLC)
- He is voiced by the same man as the Blood Minister.