Oil Urn is an projectile Item in Bloodborne. Urn that covers target in oil when thrown.
Oil Urn Usage
- Projectile that reduces the fire resistance of enemies in a small area by coating them in flammable oil. Effective to use before a Molotov Cocktail.
- When thrown, applies the Oil status effect to the target. The next time they would be dealt fire damage, they take twice as much damage from that source.
- 360 Blood Echoes (Base Price)
- 680 Blood Echoes (After entering the Cathedral Ward)
- 1360 Blood Echoes (After defeating Vicar Amelia)
- 2400 Blood Echoes (After defeating Rom, The Vacuous Spider)
- 3000 NG+
- Sold by Messengers after gaining Powder Keg Hunter Badge
- 2x found in Central Yharnam. In the plaza past the mob bonfire, guarded by two Carrion Crows. Break the coffins to access the Urns.
- 2x found in Central Yharnam, after exiting the sewer docks. Go left and then across the bridge (being mindful of the riflemen and crows), then turn right and head to the end of the path and across the other bridge. To the right, guarded by another Carrion Crow, break the coffins to find the Oil Urns.
- Rare drop from Were Beast
- Can be used in conjunction with a Molotov Cocktail for a large amount of fire damage on a single target, even at a low level.
- If the player has a weapon with fire damage (typically via Fire Paper or fire Blood Gems) and uses a visceral attack on a target affected by Oil, only the first weak hit of the visceral attack will have the damage multiplied, making it far less effective.
- Will increase the first tick of damage from the Flamesprayer, but will not continue to affect the target afterwards.
- Will increase the damage of fire arrow traps in Chalice Dungeons.
- Will not increase damage dealt by firearms outside of the Flamesprayer, as they deal Blood damage (or Arcane in the case of the Rosmarinus)
Trivia goes here
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!
Can someone make an edit, informing that the Stake Driver's charged attack is buffed by oiled enemies?
"Sometimes, When hunters burn beasts, they appear intoxicated by the euphoria of purification."
So who is euphoric, the hunters or the beats?
There's 4 oil urns in Lower Loran Chalice, but I guess they are so deeped no one cares anymore.
Added location info, usage tips, and tidied up the formatting a bit.
2) cover yourself in oil
The oil duration is 30 seconds if left idle. Keep this in mind when you're looking for an opening to ignite
Hidden mechanic: If you hit you enemy with enough oil, they'll get an acne breakout the next day
Does anyone know how much this item actually increases vulnerability? I'm considering using a flamesprayer + oil urns but I'm not sure if it'd be worthwhile.
Wish there was an equivalent for Bolt, like a Water Urn or something.
How the hell do they know the pre-Cathedral Ward price when you need to reach Cathedral Ward before getting the badge to buy these things!
Dose shooting an oil doused enemy ignite them? It would make since.
You can't buy with blood nor insight .. omg
I don't see how it justifies the price... it wears off after a single Molotov and is more expensive than a Molotov... so you're actually better off throwing two Molotov cocktails. What am I missing?
And do I have to throw another one after I hit once with torch/fire elemental weapon or will the effect last for a while?
Plus a fully charged attack from a flame weapon is pretty much the death of beast type bosses.
Doubles the damage off the initial flamesprayer tick, and if used with bone marrow ash, the damage is further doubles. 4X!
Anyone know if the effects stack?