Young Yharnam Girl
This character can be found in Central Yharnam, behind a window. reached by going around the sewers and climbing back up a ladder past a Troll, she is next to a gate that returns you to the first Brick Troll you met. She asks that you find her mother, Viola, who has gone to look for Father Gascoigne.
- Related Item: She gives you the Tiny Music Box
1. Return to her after defeating Father Gascoigne and picking up the Red Jeweled Brooch. It can be seen on the rooftop. Just go up the stairs and drop on the roof.
2. Choose whether to give her the Brooch or withhold it (withholding means use it for yourself, don't pick it up, or store it in the Hunter's Dream).
2a. If you give the Brooch to her she will no longer talk to you. Eventually she will leave her home. Defeating the pig in the sewers will yield a Red Messenger Ribbon.
2b. If you don't give her the Brooch, and have visited the Oedon Chapel about it being a safe haven, you can tell her to go there for safety. If you choose the Chapel the blood soaked ribbon will still appear on the pig.
3. Her Older Sister will appear in the window after you either gave the Brooch or told her about the Chapel, and have killed Rom the Vacuous Spider. She will ask you to find her younger sister who has a White Ribbon. Turn in the Red Messenger Ribbon.
3a. Walk away from her window and past the gate will trigger a dialog of the sister talking to herself.
4. Reload the area and go down the ladder from the window to find the White Messenger Ribbon.
1a. If you have visited Iosefka after visited Oedon Chapel and been told about it being a Safe Haven you can direct her to Iosefka's Clinic. The next time you visit the clinic you will receive a Lead Elixir, but the red ribbon will not appear on the pig in the sewers, which also prevents you from getting the white ribbon. But if you now enter the clinic's back door, from the Forbidden Woods, the young girl can be found inside, transformed into a celestial being. She's the one walking back and forth in the main hallway, near the room with the Cainhurst Summons. If you kill her she will drop the Formless Oedon rune.
1b. You may also opt to never interact with her again any time after receiving the music box (or just never talking to her at all) and she will eventually disappear from the window on her own, causing a similar premature end as sending her to the clinic, but with no rewards.
First interaction with window:
Who... are you? I don't know your voice, but I know that smell... Are you a hunter? Then, please, will you look for my mum? Daddy never came back from the hunt, and she went to find him, but now she's gone, too... I'm all alone... and scared..."
- Find Girl's Mother: "Really? Oh, thank you! My m-mum wears a red jeweled brooch. It's so big and... and beautiful. You won't miss it. Oh, I mustn't forget. If you find my mum, give her this music box. [Receive Tiny Music Box] ... It plays one of daddy's favorite songs. And when daddy forgets us we play it for him so he remembers. Mum's so silly, running off without it!"
"My mum wears a red jeweled brooch. It's so big and beautiful. You won't miss it. Oh, and if you find her, give her this music box. Please, I know you can do it."
- Refuse: "Oh, alright... Well th-thanks mister hunter, for talking, at least. Take care, on your hunt."
"Thanks for chatting. Please be careful out there!"
- After reloading: "Are you that hunter? Can you look for my mum?"
After refusing to help:
If you refuse to help and talk to her after beating Vicar Amelia and triggering nightfall, she cries: "Mum, come home... I'm alone... I'm scared... It's not fair... "
After accepting quest to find her mother:
"Hello mister(miss) hunter. Still cant find my mum?"
- [If Brooch is in inventory]
- Give: "Miss Hunter... was it really her?...Mummy...mummy... Don't leave me alone..."
- Do Not Give:
"Yes, okay. I can wait. Mum knows I'm very brave, and you're very kind. I'll be a good girl. I promise"
"Oh, okay. But isn't there something I can do? Maybe mum and dad are stuck out there, waiting for me to come to them. What do you think, mister(miss) hunter?"
- Tell of Oedon Chapel: "Yes okay, thank you very much mister hunter! I love you almost as much as mum and dad, and grandad!"
- Tell of Iosefka's Clinic:
- Withhold Information: "Yes, i see... I can wait, I won't be afraid. I know, I do. The morning always comes."
After directing her to safety, and picking up the ribbon:
(From this point on, it's the Little Yharnam Girl's older sister speaking)"Oh, you haven't by chance... seen my little sister, have you? I told her to look after the house, but she's run off somewhere. She's still quite small, and wears a big white ribbon. Have you seen her out there anywhere?"
- Give Red Messenger Ribbon: "Oh, how did this happen... Why would she ever go outside? At least... I'll have something to remember her by.
- Do Not Give: "Oh, okay then. But if you do see her, would you give me word? She's a small girl, with a big white ribbon. My dear little sister..."
- After not giving Ribbon and talking again: "Oh, back again? Any news of my sister?"
Later heard outside while near window, but without interacting with it:
"What a perfect ribbon, and now it's mine. I can't wait to try it on."
Interacting with the window at this point:
"Oh, it's wonderful..."
- If you progress too far in the story before completing the quest, it becomes impossible to complete as checking the window will yield "[No Response]" like many other windows and doors around Central Yharnam.
- A rumor states that the Yharnam Girl can reach the Cathedral Ward if the player avoids picking up her mother's brooch. This has been tested proven false.
- To initiate this quest, seems like she must be talked to before advancing the night (Killing Vicar Amelia), else she'll say a generic line of where her mother is, followed by "No Response" if you go away and come back.
- If she hasn't give you the Tiny Music Box yet, you can hear it playing when you are in the area nearby her window.
- The White Messenger Ribbon is actually the very same ribbon as the Red Messenger Ribbon, the older sister only washed off the blood, which is why you can't hold both ribbons at the same time.
- For Cannon users, it is highly recommended to send the little girl to Iosefka's Clinic due to the Formless Oedon rune, by stacking all three runes, one can fire the Cannon for up to 4 times.
- Even if you withhold information from the little girl she (presumably) still dies. If you kill the boar in the sewage tunnel after reloading the game you will find the Red Messenger Ribbon. It is speculated that she tried to run away from home after hearing her parents were both killed.
- It is possible that the older girl is not in fact Gascoigne's daughter, as the younger girl never mentions her and the older girl hesitates before asking if you've seen "[her] little sister". The older girl seems much more concerned about acquiring the younger girl's ribbon than her well being as well.