Eileen the Crow
|Central Yharnam (Sewer Entrance)||5198 (2318) Blood Echoes
Crow Hunter Badge
Eileen the Crow is a non-player character in Bloodborne. Wearing a Beak Mask, this hunter is a dual-wield "skill" hunter.
The Raven Hunter: A hunter with an unusual pair of warped swords. Wears a raven mantle and a doctor's mask, uses bizarre swordsmanship. Well, she seems to be an ally...
Eileen is an assassin whose sworn duty is to dispose of other hunters that have been corrupted by their lust for blood. Like the player, she hails from outside Yharnam and is a foreigner to the region, but her presence in the city is driven by an entirely different set of motives; she makes a point of keeping a low profile operating in the shadows, and you may never meet her in the first place if you don't go out of your way to explore. You can start her quest either on the Dry Dock - Rafters in Central Yharnam or to the left of the Oedon Chapel's front entrance in the Cathedral Ward, and your choices after that point will determine her fate. Helping her defeat Henryk in the Tomb of Oedon is the tipping point of her quest - failure to do so before entering the Forbidden Woods for the first time will sometimes result in her becoming your enemy, and will prevent you from receiving any of the successive rewards other than the Crow Hunter Badge. It is best to complete the Tomb of Oeden portion of the quest before progressing further.
- Gives the Crow Hunter Badge and Hunter Caryll rune after completing her quest line.
- Drops: If killed, will give 5198 (2318, on first encounter.) Blood Echoes and Crow Hunter Badge (Amount of blood echoes dropped after defeating seems to change depending on which phase of the game you are in). Testing needed
- Crow Hunter Badge unlocks the armor Crowfeather Set and Weapon Blade of Mercy for purchase from the Messengers.
- She is the leader of the Hunter of Hunters Covenant.
- Gestures given during quest:
- "Shake Off Cape"
- Location 1: From the Central Yharnam Lamp: (1.) Exit the gate next to Gilbert, go down the stairs; (2.) Go left, down the next stairs, past the two brick trolls; (3.) Before the stairs going down to the elevator, turn right and head up the next stairs; (4.) Head left, around this corner, and down the stairs, towards the wolves in cages; (5.) Cross the bridge, and the lamp where the old lady is, down into the structure with a bunch of barrels; (6.) On the right side of the room, drop through the barrel blocked window onto a small walkway, and head right; (7.) Again, on the right wall, is a barrel blocked window; (8.) Enter through this window and head straight to meet with Eileen looking over the railing.
- Location 2: From the Cathedral Ward lamp: (1.) Head straight out, (2.) Immediately turn left tight when you exit the door, and you will see her standing next to the railing; (3.) If you have seen the Lesser Amygdala, she is standing in the same location. After exiting the doorway, turn left.
- You must have opened two gates first: (A.) The large gate to the circular area, towards the Cathedral; and (2.) After going up the stairs, a short way, and turning right, you will have to pull a lever to open the smaller gate, leading back to the Cathedral Ward.
- Killing Darkbeast Paarl may cause her to disappear.
- Killing the Witch of Hemwick before speaking to her in Cathedral Ward will not affect her being in that location.
- Location 3: The Tomb of Oedon. This Lamp will not be accessible and will need to be traveled to via the Central Yharnam or Cathedral Ward lamp.
- Location 4: Fighting the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst at the Grand Cathedral. This event will occur after slaying Rom, the Vacuous Spider.
- Location 5: There is a pool of blood, where normally the top Chapel Giant stands -- if you have failed or talked to Eileen after killing the hostile hunter and received her rewards, you may see this blood stain here.
- Eileen can initially be found in a side room accessed from the rafters, at the Central Yharnam Sewer entrance. This entrance is hidden behind boxes and barrels near a staircase and is very close to the old lady that you can send to a safe place.
She will give you 4 Bold Hunter's Mark and the "Shake Off Cape" Gesture (be sure to speak with her twice).
If you miss her and complete Central Yharnam, she'll show up in Cathedral Ward.
- To progress her questline, speak with her in Cathedral Ward before he night comes (examining the skull after you beat Vicar Amelia). In order to meet Eileen, you need to open all 3 gates in the area ahead for her to appear in Cathedral Ward.
She can be found by exiting via the doorway directly in front of the Cathedral Ward lantern and immediately looking left.
She will teach you the "Shhh!" Gesture and tell you about the Tomb of Oedon encounter. She will not appear in this location until you have opened the shortcut gate leading to the Grand Cathedral. This can be done by purchasing the Hunter Chief Emblem and clearing most of Cathedral Ward. Note: If you do not purchase the Hunter Chief Emblem, You can still open the gate via the Abandoned Old Workshop.
- At the Tomb of Oedon lamp you will have to help Eileen with the fight with Henryk to receive "Approval" Gesture. You will also receive the Heir Caryll Rune from the Henryk's corpse. If she dies in this encounter, the quest line will not continue.
Be Warned, accidentally hitting her too many times whilst trying to help with the Henryk encounter may turn her hostile after the fight. She remains hostile even if you reload the area. The Poison Knives located in the alley near Arianna can ensure Henryk dies first without risk of Eileen turning hostile. If you die during the fight but the poison kills him as you are dying, he will respawn and you will have to fight him again. The steps involving Eileen in Cathedral Ward and in the Tomb of Oedon must be done before the night comes (examining the skull after you beat Vicar Amelia). If you do that before taking care of Eileen and Henryk, these steps will be skipped and lost.
- After defeating Rom, the Vacuous Spider you will find Eileen at the top of the steps to the Grand Cathedral. You must assist her with the hunter encounter inside the Grand Cathedral to complete her quest line.
Be warned, the fight in the Grand Cathedral is very hard and can only be fought solo, but can be cheesed (patched out as of 1.04).
Completing the quest line will reward you with the Crow Hunter Badge and will offer the ability to join the Hunter of Hunters Covenant.
Attention, If you miss all steps 1 - 3, she will vanish completely after the death of Rom, the Vacuous Spider. Be Warned, if you at least talked to her once and missed steps 2 or 3, she will instead hunt you at the Grand Cathedral after the death of Rom, the Vacuous Spider.
- You can find an analysis of the Questline along with related media on Fextralife , specifically here.
Upon speaking with her at the sewers:
Oh, a hunter, are ya? And an outsider? What a mess you've been caught up in. And tonight, of all nights."
Here, to welcome the new hunter." (Gives 'Bold Hunter's Mark' x4)
Prepare yourself for the worst. There are no humans left. They're all flesh-hungry beasts, now."
Still lingering about? What's wrong? A hunter, unnerved by a few beasts? Heh heh... No matter."
"Without fear in our hearts, we're little different from the beasts themselves." (Gives 'Shake off Cape' expression)
"What are you still doing here? Enough trembling in your boots. A hunter must hunt."
Outside Cathedral Ward:
Oh, hello there."
"Perfect timing. I must warn you..."
"...not to go near the tomb below Oedon Chapel in the Cathedral Ward."
"Henryk, an old hunter, has gone mad."
"And he's my mark..." (Gives Shh! gesture)
"Don't go near the tomb below Oedon Chapel in the Cathedral Ward."
"I have business there first..." (giggles)
After the Tomb of Oedon hunter fight:
(Breathing Heavily) "That wasn't necessary of ya."
"But you have my thanks."
"We made it with our lives... You're not bad at all."
"You must have killed Gascoigne as well then."
"He was falling apart... I'm sure it had to be done."
"But try to keep your hands clean... The Hunter should hunt Beasts."
"Leave the hunting of Hunters, to me." (Laughs) (Gives Approval gesture) (Runs away)
At the top of Grand Cathedral steps when friendly:
"Oh, is that you again?"
"I'm afraid I've made a bit of a blunder. I'm just going to have a short rest."
"Oh, don't worry, I've taken blood. Enough to save an old woman."
"No more dreams for me. This is my last chance."
"What a fool I am. I'll have to tread carefully."
"But that thing still lies in wait. Turn back. This is my score to settle." (Gives Wait gesture)
"My prey lies in wait this way. Turn back. This is my score to settle."
After the Grand Cathedral hunter fight:
"Don't you ever listen to your elders? No matter, you did save my life."
"I don't seem to be apt for this life anymore... My glory days were long ago now..."
"Hmmm, I know... Here, for you." (Gives Crow Hunter Badge, Hunter rune)
"This too is hunters' work, but bears no honor. A burden you may choose to carry."
"The decision is yours alone. Ahh, my eyes grow heavy..."
"Let me rest a while... ...I'll be fine, just wait..."
If slain by player, "You can't go on like this..."
At the Grand Cathedral, when hostile and hunting the player:
(Laughter) "Few hunters can resist the intoxication of the hunt. Look at you, just the same as all the rest..."
"The hunters must die... The nightmare must end..."
"Only I can stop this madness!" (continued laughter)
When Eileen has been significantly injured, "The beasts cannot be stopped. What good are hunters now?"
(Yelling) "Your blood is mine! A hunter's blood for me! Your punishment is death! Death to hunters!"
"Enough of this terrible dream!" (laughter)
When Eileen is slain, "...Ahh... you monsters..."
"All hunters must die!" (laughter as her body fades)
Attire worn by Eileen the Crow, Hunter of Hunters, known in particular for her crowfeather cape. The wood-carved beak contains incense to mask scents of blood and beast. Hunter of Hunters dress as crows to suggest sky burial. The first Hunter of Hunters came from a foreign land, and gave the dead a virtuous native funeral ritual, rather than impose a blasphemous Yharnam burial service upon them, with the hope that former compatriots might be returned to the skies, and find rest in a hunter's dream.
- Beak Mask
- Crowfeather Garb
- Crowfeather Manchettes
- Crowfeather Trousers
Eileen the Crow is the member of a covenant that hunts down hunters that begin to go insane from bloodlust or begin to turn into beasts themselves. It is unknown if other NPC characters are a part of this covenant.
Eileen seems to have been a former hunter herself at some point. If you fight Eileen and are killed by her, her dialogue "You still have dreams? ...Tell the little doll I said hello..." indicates that she knows of both the Hunter's Dream and the Plain Doll, suggesting that she was a former hunter trapped in the Dream, much like the players themselves, who managed to break free from cycle of death and awakening. In the encounter with her at the foot of the Grand Cathedral, she mentions that she no longer dreams, and therefore that death is now permanent for her.
The description of both the Crowfeather Set and the Crow Hunter Badge suggest that Eileen is from a foreign land, not a native Yharnamite; her unique accent may suggest this as well. Her Badge suggests that she is an "outsider from the hinterlands" - that is, areas of countryside away from civilization or beyond known geography, sparsely inhabited and traversed mostly by travelers. Note that this is the only mention of the hinterlands in the game.
- it seems there may be a bug that prevents players from seeing Eileen's subsequent events after the first, either due to a bug, or because of an unknown trigger. Players have reported being unable to warp to the Tomb of Oedon lamppost, but upon reaching it, no event occurs, and the post remains inactive. As this combination of events seems to both stop her quest from progressing AND removes her from the game world, it may be imperative to kill her in her initial sewer location in order to obtain her quest items and activate the Oedon chapel lamppost.
- If the Player enters the Forbidden Woods before fighting Henryk, Eileen will despawn and her questline will end.(killed Hemwick Witch, still at Cathedral Ward)
- If the player never talked to her in her initial location she can be found in the Cathedral Ward just to the left outside the door going forward from the lamp.
- It appears that if you either never talk to her in the cathedral ward before she leaves, or talk to her but don't go to fight Henryk, she will spawn at the grand cathedral lamp, once completing the Rom fight, as a hostile (see video below).
- For the full armor set with the Blade of Mercy the combined cost is 84,000 blood echoes.
- If you enter Oedon Tomb and engage in battle with the hunter, Henryk, after following Eileen's previous quest requirements, Eileen will come out of hiding and help fight.
- Eileen does not need to be talked to outside of Cathedral Ward to not be hostile in the encounter in Grand Cathedral, however you must kill Henryk soon after she appears.
- The final encounter of this Questline, inside the Grand Cathedral, can be killed by his own weapon, the Chikage. All you need to do is allow him to activate its transformed state and then run out of his field of vision towards the stairs near the entrance. He will eventually run back to his starting location but not always transform his Chikage back, eventually dying from the HP drain of the weapon. This tactic is useful for players who are struggling to kill this extremely difficult enemy.
- Another strategy for an easy win is to stock up on Poison Knives. Aggro the enemy, then lure him out to the entrance of the Cathedral. His AI won't allow him to walk out of the Cathedral, and if you keep your distance, he will start walking back to his starting position. When he does this, you can easily poison him without the threat of a counter-attack or dodging. The effect of the poison, combined with the Chikage's drain effect if you've gotten him to two-hand his weapon, will eat through his HP quite quickly.
- You can also exploit the limits of his AI by luring him to the Cathedral doors, then attacking him with weapons that can out-range him. The Hunter's Axe and Threaded Cane's transformed forms work well for this strategy. Note that this strategy is still extremely risky, as he can easily one-shot you with his firearm if he shoots you while you are attacking for counter damage.
- The transformed Rifle Spear's strong attack is also quite effective in dealing with the hunter in the Grand Cathedral. Simply back away from the hunter until he starts walking directly towards you, then hit him with the strong attack. Try for a charge attack, but if he starts getting too close to you, release the button early. He'll get hit by the attack 95% of the time, and as it always stuns him momentarily, you'll have plenty of time to dodge away and start setting him up for the next attack. The only danger to this method is the possibility of being parried, so make sure your health bar is full before going on the offensive.
- Using the Choir Bell on the injured Eileen, outside of the Grand Cathedral, will result in her death.
((Please respect these video posting guidelines))
- Artorias80- Eileen The Crow Hunter Strategy (Solo w/ Threaded Cane) -
- Tr3a- Eileen the Crow Hunter strategy (Solo w/ Saw Spear)