Heir is one of the Caryll Rune in Bloodborne. It can be slotted in one of the 3 Caryll rune slots in the character screen.
- More Blood Echoes are gained from visceral attacks.
- Other Versions: There are 3 versions of this rune:
- Tier 1: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 30% increased Blood Echoes
- Tier 2: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 40% increased Blood Echoes
- Tier 3: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 50% increased Blood Echoes
- The above values are estimates, the real values fluctuate quite a bit.
- The lowests value measured for the tier 3 rune is 50% and the highest is 80%
- Values vary by enemy (example: Scourge Beast = 50% but Huntsman = 80%)
- If the tier 3 outcome is (50%), then the above values for tier 1 and tier 2 are correct.
- If the tier 3 outcome is (80%), then the tier 1 and tier 2 values are 56% and 68%
- For tier 3, the values (50%) and (80%) are common, and 25% is rare
- Every rune stacks multiplicatively with other Heir and Moon runes.
- Tier 1 - 30% bonus - Encounter with Henryk and Eileen the Crow in Tomb of Oedon. Defeat Henryk together with Eileen the Crow and receive the rune. If Eileen the Crow dies during the encounter you need to defeat the hunter to receive the rune.
- Tier 2 - A stronger version(~40%) of the Rune is found in Yahar'gul, The Unseen Village on a corpse near the second Chime Maiden.
- Tier 3 - Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice (random chance)
- The effects of these runes stack with each other multiplicatively. This means that using Tier 1 (30%) and Tier 2 (40%) together will net an 82% gain to echoes, not 70%.
- It is sufficient to Visceral an enemy once to receive the bonus , the enemy must not necessarily die for the visceral attack but must die in a short space of time.
- Visceralling a chime maiden appears to also buff the echoes recieved from her summons dying. (confirmation needed)
- The rune works on bosses as well, granted that the boss dies soon after the last visceral.
- Viscaral two times an enemy in a short space of time double the effects.
- To memorize this rune, you must have the Rune Workshop Tool
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: df235ysm ( Treasure room between Chamber of the Seal lantern and Layer One lantern)
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: fp3kttda (First layer, first side room after Seal lamp)
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: zziz2qbx (Side area after Layer 3 lamp)
- You can still receive the bonus blood effect from the runes if the target is (technically) already dead and you did not get a visceral attack off before-hand. But, the killing blow must put them in visceral state (charged R2 from behind or timed shot)
Anti-Clockwise Metamorphosis ♦ Arcane Lake ♦ Beast ♦ Beast's Embrace ♦ Blood Rapture ♦ Clawmark ♦ Clear Deep Sea ♦ Clockwise Metamorphosis ♦ Communion ♦ Corruption ♦ Deep Sea ♦ Dissipating Lake ♦ Eye ♦ Fading Lake ♦ Formless Oedon ♦ Great Deep Sea ♦ Great Lake ♦ Guidance ♦ Hunter ♦ Impurity ♦ Lake ♦ Milkweed ♦ Moon ♦ Murky Deep Sea ♦ Oedon Writhe ♦ Radiance ♦ Stunning Deep Sea