The Nightmare Apostle is an enemy in Bloodborne. They can be found hanging from the ceiling, for instance in Mergo's Loft, or scurrying about in dungeons, sometimes summoned by Chime Maidens. Their reach and damage can be impressive, especially in a group.
- Inflicting blood-type damage with a firearm or a transformed Chikage/Bloodletter will send Black Widows reeling onto their backs.
- Nightmare Apostles turn slowly, so maneuver behind and stunlock them. Beware the reach of their forelegs.
- Nightmare Apostles, especially Chime Maiden summons (red glowing version), often crowd doorways while pursuing the Hunter. If this happens, DO NOT ENGAGE or you will become surrounded without warning.
- Burial Blade offers great crowd control and rally potential when fighting spiders.
- Their forelegs have good reach and damage. It's better to engage them from the sides.
|Nightmare of Mensis||HP||Echoes||(x1-2) Drop%||(x1) Drop%|
|Chalice Dungeons||HP||Echoes||(x1-2) Drop%||(x1) Drop%|
There are different versions of this enemy:
- A standard spider.
- A human-faced spider enemy. These are found near the lever which lowers the Brain of Mensis in Mensis.
- Human-faced spiders can summon a tiny explosion.
- Red versions, summoned by maidens in dungeons. Like all summoned enemies, they will disappear once the maiden is killed.
- A huge version in Mergo's Loft, hanging from the ceiling.
- They can interrupt all of your actions (running, rolling, attacking, jumping)
- There was maybe a bug in older versions of the game with the transformed chikage, hitting the spider with it stunlocked yourself.
- Among the Nightmare Apostles, Patches The Spider is a 'friendly' individual.
- Cheese- the huge one in Mergos loft cannot fit through the door. It has arcane resistance, but not too high, also you can bait it and hit and run w melee too.
- Cheese2- Referring to the same group, run to the back of the room and pick up the Shaman Bone Blades. Throw one at the huge spider and let them fight each other.