Beast-Possessed Soul Information
The Beast-possessed Soul is an enemy which is encountered at the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop, and in Chalice dungeons both as a regular mob and a boss. This beast is rather large and can seem overwhelming, particularly to inexperienced hunters.
This enemy has both melee and some pyromancer abilities. It will cast a selection of fire attacks and will use its claws in various combinations. The Beast-possessed Soul isn't particularly fast however, and most players should be able to either counter its move-set, or simply move behind it and use a charged R2 attack.
Most of the attacks can be triggered and countered as they are "telegraphed", and when it is casting fire the player can simply move behind it and keep hacking away. Like most beasts, it is extremely weak to fire.
At 50% health, some of its attacks will gain additional fire effects, such as the jump attack causing an AoE flame burst and its Lunge ending with a fiery explosion.
If it lands its Lunge attack on a player, it will chomp down on the player and become Blood-Drunk. In this state, its eyes will glow red and its attacks gain a significant damage boost. He'll also start using more pyromancy.
Beast-Possessed Souls that are found as enemies in a Chalice Dungeon will attack any living thing they come across, not just the hunter. It is possible to lure one through the whole layer and have it kill everything else for you. If you let it use its Lunge on you and become Blood-Drunk, the power boost will let it go toe-to-toe against even a Merciless Watcher.
- Pungent Blood cocktails are useful in distracting it.
- As mentioned, it is weak to fire attacks of any kind, from Molotovs to a simple torch.
- The beast can be poisoned; using poison knives will work.
- Most melee attacks can be parried, but fire magic can't.
- When he swings his arms he almost always strikes 5 times. Though this is predictable it is still dangerous as one hit can stunlock you long enough for him to land another.
- Stunning him generally triggers a backdash.
|Attack Name||Attack Description|
|Claw Swipes||Swipes at player with claws, can be up to 5 swipes in total.|
|Battering Ram||Will take a run up and attempt to hit the player with its horns.|
|Flame Wave||Casts a horizontal flame wave from left to right.|
|Lunge||Lunges at the player ending with a punch.|
|Grab||Attempts to grab the player. If this attack connects, the enemy will enter an enraged state.|
|Bite||Attempts to bite the player.|
- Pvt_Booger -
Beast-possessed Soul Information
There is only one type of Beast-possessed soul found in the game. Its preset dungeon locations are: Central Pthumerian Labyrinth, Ailing Loran. Blood gems dropped are entirely based on area.
In the Healing Church Workshop it will drop the +20 Beast Caryll Rune
|Healing Church Workshop||656||759||-||-||(1x) 100%||-|
|Chalice Dungeons||635||276||(4x) 25%, (3x) 45%||(1x) 25%||-||(1x) 5%|
Notes & Trivia
- BPS has strange markings.
- The Beast-possessed soul is hostile toward Pthumerians and will attack them when near. see here
- BPS has 5 fingers on each hand and 3 toes on each foot.