Bloodsucking Beast Information
Prowling the grounds of Cainhurst castle with their unmistakable, vile bodies, these fast-moving creatures can prove quite dangerous. Their appearance is somewhat flea-like, and they are equally as swift in their movements and attacks.
These enemies are not to be trifled with, as their jumps and sudden turns can quickly finish off even a high level, high vitality player. They can dodge expertly and will do their utmost to keep the player within sight. Bloodlickers can come in slightly different variations; the size of their blood-sack will indicate their resistance to physical attacks.
Not all Bloodlickers will actively seek to engage enemies, as some will simply stand still in the snowy ground of the forsaken castle, admiring the landscape. However, they will still be very aggressive once engaged.
- Get close to the back of this enemy and perform a heavy attack, beware of Mule Kick attack (see below). However, know that it is not subject to visceral attacks.
- They are extremely fast, and their jump attacks are double, meaning they will jump once and then again to land on you.
- Also note that Bloodlickers will hiss immediately before using their frontal attacks, so be prepared to quickstep behind them as soon as you hear this cue.
|Attack Name||Attack Description|
|Claw Slaps||It will swipe at the player with fast, erratic attacks. These could be single attacks or combos.|
|Jump Attack||The bloodlicker will jump at the player, covering a large distance with this high-damage attack.|
|Claw Stomps||Tries to hit the player with floor slaps.|
|Mule Kick||An attack which only takes place if the player is behind it. Will kick both its hind legs.|
|Spit Blood||It spits blood as a ranged attack that can inflict Slow Poison. Exclusive moveset for the bloodlickers in the Hunter's Nightmare.|
|Tantrum||Will shake its head and tongue frenetically, hitting the player multiple times if connecting.|
This enemy comes in three different "bloodsack" sizes, indicating physical resistances. Its preset Chalice Dungeons locations are: Pthumerian Labyrinth, Central Pthumerian Labyrinth, Hintertomb, Lower Hintertomb, Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth, Cursed Pthumerian Defilement, Ailing Loran, Lower Loran, Isz Gravestone, Pthumeru Ihyll. Bloodlickers will appear in chalice dungeons only after the player uses visceral attacks against large enemies and moves to a different room, and even then only less than half the time.
|Forsaken Cainhurst castle||1362||2310||(1x) 16%|
|Chalice Dungeons||405||211||(1x) 16%|
- Bloodsuckers are most likely transformed Vileblood knights and nobles. They share their weakness pattern (Righteous, Bolt with a resistance to Arcane) as well as their silver hair and vampire theme.
- Hiding behind their long hair is a weary, wrinkled face. This could be because of starvation, vampirism or their relative age as "insects".
- Relevant lore theories can be found under The Mysteries of Cainhurst Garb & Architecture.
Notes & Trivia
- There is a chance it will appear in chalice dungeons when a visceral attack is performed on an enemy. If the player leaves the room and returns, a bloodsucking beast could be lapping up the blood.
- The Watcher's Gravedigger and Merciless Watcher (Mob) have a high chance of spawning Bloodlickers if a visceral attack is performed on them.
- It is possible when dying on a boss that you used multiple visceral attacks on (Merciless Watchers in the Lower Pthumeru Chalice) It's possible for your blood echoes to become tied to a Bloodlicker even though they technically weren't spawned in the room. This means that it's possible to make your blood echoes impossible to retrieve if you don't perform a visceral attack during your second attempt. It also means that you will have to leave, and then return to the boss room without reloading in order to make sure it spawns.
- Farming these enemies in advanced Chalice Dungeons is the only way to gain high level Bloodtinge Gemstones (Circle). You can farm them for the Circle Blood Gems they drop .
- They don't just spit blood from their mouth, they shoot it from their nose as well.
- Bloodlickers are also found in the Hunter's Nightmare drinking from the river of blood, though why is still unknown.
- Bloodlickers exclusively drop bloodtinge gems, this could prove very important in establishing their alien allegiance.
- Though mostly covered in spiky hairs, their tail seems to have small, pale feathers.
- Aside from the Vermin snakes only the Loran Cleric has a similar thin tongue.
- In version 1.00 of Bloodborne, their corpses will often fail to disappear upon death.