Merciless Watcher is a Boss in Bloodborne.composed of 3 bosses. The Watcher Chieftain (守り人の長 Mamoribito no naga lit. "Chief of the Guards") and two Merciless Watcher (Zankokuna mamoribito lit. "Merciless Guard"), one carries a sword and the other one carries a Gun.
- Pthumeru Root Chalice - Pthumeru Chalice Version
- Tempering Blood Gemstone (3) - Lower Pthumeru Chalice Version
- Blood Echoes (1183), ??
- Three fat monsters encountered in the Chalice Dungeons, they are composed of two melee fighters and one ranged one, besides being bosses, they often appear as regular enemies guarding levers and treasure chests.
- Depending on the circumstances and the map in question, its possible to lure one away from the group on a map with stairs.
- They attack slow and in highly predictable patterns, but the attacks pack a heavy punch so be wary.
- After one is down you can freely just go after the one with the gun even though the other is close. They are slow so you have ample time to hit and dodge, while the one with the shotgun pistol only has one attack (after he goes below half health he will switch to his club).
- In some instances, you can poison each member of the trio and let them die without even having to engage them physically. This is especially possible when you spawn in certain instances where the bosses don't even engage you unless you go up to their platform.
|Attack Name||Attack Description & Counter|
- Very safe strategy: Jump attacking (forward + R2) with Kirkhammer cancels their melee attacks and stuns them for a while. Use pillars or staircases to avoid the gun fire and bait one of the melee fighters to attack, dodge back, wait for his attacks to finish and then jump attack him. After the jump attack don't continue hitting but simply walk backwards and the watcher will just melee attack the air missing you. After that you can jump attack again and do the same thing. If the other melee fighter gets too close or it looks like the gun man could hit you change position and wait for one of the melee fighters to come within jumping range. When you get both melee fighters down the gun man is an easy kill.
- Unlike the mob variant they take normal damage from arcane attacks.
- In depth 5 Pthumeru Root Chalice dungeons with all the additional offerings this boss is the best source of high level Cursed Tempering Damp Blood Gemstones (Physical attack up %)
- Please see this Fextralife Guide by Pure_Souls for a comprehensive gem drop list: http://fextralife.com/the-cursed-merciless-watchers-boss-drop-list/