The control scheme for Bloodborne is very similar to the Demons Souls and Dark Souls series, however there are some differences as timing and positioning mechanics are introduced.
Table of Contents
Transformation of right-hand weapon (transforming weapon)
When transforming during attack, it becomes a "Transformational Attack"
Attack using left-hand weapon (gun/torch):
When holding right-hand weapon with both hands, it becomes a special attack
Attack using right-hand weapon (transforming weapon)
Strong attack using right-hand wepon (transforming weapon):
- When holding down the button, it becomes a charged attack
- Left stick forward +R2 Button: Jump Attack
Use to see Stat properties when on your stat screen.
When enemy is nearby: Turns on/off lock-on
When enemy is not nearby: Resets Camera
Use Consumables that are equipped
- Can include; using antidotes, throwing items, using enchantments, etc.
- When locked-on to enemy: use left stick and will step in the inputed direction
- When not locked-on to enemy: use left stick and will roll in the inputed direction
- Hold Down button + Left Stick: Sprint Press again while sprinting and will become a sprint-roll (can also be used to jump short gaps)
- If held while moving the controller, motion control gestures can be used
Control the Camera
Controls the player character
- Up: Gain Blood Bullets (+5) at the cost of your HP (can be regained back)
- Down: Switch equipped consumable item to be used
- Right: Switch right-hand weapon
- Left: Switch left-hand weapon
Open inventory menu
Open gesture menu
Open "Personal Effects" menu
- Essentially an alternate set of consumable items that lack the quick use button
- I recommend equipping multiplayer based items here
- Shoot gun just before enemy attack hits
- The enemy will start to collapse
- When the enemy is collapsing follow up with a short hold of the R1 button
- A high power special attack will Occur
- Hit the enemy with maximum charged attack from Behind
- When enemy is collapsing follow up with a short hold of the R1 button
- Will set off a high power attack different from normal attacks.
|DualShock 4 Control||In-game function||Remote Play Control|
|L2 & R2||Gun & Strong attack||Bottom corners of front touchscreen|
|DS4 Touchpad (split to left & right halves)||Gestures & Personal Effects||Front Touchpad (split to left & right halves)|
|R3||Lock-on to enemy||Right half of Rear Touchpad|
Below is an image from the Gamescom 2014 demo.