Vicar Amelia is a Boss in Bloodborne.
"Remain wary of the frailty of men. Their wills are weak, minds young."
"Were it not for fear, death would go unlamented."
"Seek the old blood."
"Let us pray, let us wish... to partake in communion."
"Let us partake in communion... and feast upon the old blood."
"Our thirst for blood satiates us, soothes our fears."
"Seek the old blood."
"But beware the frailty of men. Their wills are weak, minds young."
"The foul beasts will dangle nectar and lure the meek into the depths."
"Remain wary of the frailty of men..."
- After defeating Vicar Amelia and interacting with the altar, the world state advances and turns to night time. At night, some enemies become stronger, while others fall asleep and won't react until the player approaches them.
- In Cathedral Ward, past the big circular graveyard, up the stairs, inside the Grand Cathedral.
- Vicars were the heads of the Healing Church, as is revealed in the item description for the Gold Pendant, which she can be seen clutching in the cutscene, and even in battle after her grotesque transformation. This would make her the last Vicar, who oversaw the Church as Yharnam fell to the beasthood brought upon it by misuse of the Old Blood. As the player finds her, she is seen praying to the altar in the Grand Cathedral which hold a misshapen skull, presumably that of Laurence, the founder of the Healing Church. Here she kneels awaiting her inevitable transformation, praying, clasping her pendant which existed to carry a reminder that had been all but forgotten, and that may have prevented the madness that led Yharnam to ruin before her eyes: Fear the Old Blood.
- Blood Echoes NG (15,000), NG+ (103,425), NG++ (113,768), NG+3 (129,282), NG+4 (155,138), NG+6 and so on (258,563)
- Gold Pendant
- Gain 1 Insight for finding the boss and 3 Insight for killing it.
- This fight has 2 phases:
- Phase 1: 100% HP - Normal move set
- Phase 2: 50% HP - In addition to the normal move set, she receives a healing ability, a few new combos, and becomes more aggressive with attacks.
- Weak to Fire Damage.
- Strong against Blunt, Arcane and Bolt damage.
- Can be staggered and possible to perform a Visceral Attack on her (when her head is down and the "parry" sound plays) during all phases. The main trigger for this appears to be heavily damaging her legs.
- She has a wide variety of attacks, covering her sides, close range, and long range, so there is no "safe" zone and requires lots of dodging or distance.
- It is not recommended to stay behind Vicar Amelia, as her tail completely obstructs your view.
- After each of her attacks, there is an opening for one or two attacks, so it is key to stay close and dodge in to get close to exploit these openings.
- The Threaded Cane seems to be helpful for this fight in its whip form as the attack path goes higher and ends up hitting her in the head. Its possible to chain attacks on her after multiple head strikes and stuns.
- Since this boss heals in Phase 2, it is recommended to bring Numbing Mist with you to stop her from healing. The effect only lasts a short while so reapply as needed.
- Both legs. Attacking one many times or both moderately will make her drop on her knees, allowing for a Visceral Attack.
- Left arm. Attacking her left arm will periodically stagger her. When staggered she lowers her head, which can then be hit.
- Right arm. If the left arm is sufficiently damaged, attacking the right arm can also result in a (shorter) stagger.
- Head. Her head is her factual weak point. It is the only body part that can be attacked critically (similar to the Cleric Beast). It also takes the most damage, if you're able to hit it (when staggered, mostly). If hit enough times she will cover her head with both hands/claws, leaving her open for quite a while.
|Attack Name||Attack Description||Counter|
|Right Claw||Claws the ground with her right arm.||Dodge right and attack.|
|Right Swing||A close range swing with her right arm.||Dodge right and attack.|
|Right Swing and Claw||A close range swing with her right arm then claws the ground once with her right arm.||Dodge right and attack.|
|Right Swing and Backhand||A close range swing with her right arm and a backhand swing.||Dodge right and attack.|
|Left Ground Pound||Pounds the ground in front of her with her left hand.||Dodge left and attack.|
|Triple Right Ground Pound||Slams the ground in front of her three times with her right arm.||Dodge to her side and attack.|
|Bite||If the player is close in front, Vicar Amelia will quickly bite the player.||Don't stand in front of her.|
|Grab||Raises both arms high in the air for a moment, then grabs, bites, and throws you away. (If she is injured, she will use one arm)||Dodge to the side and attack.|
|Howl||The boss will arch her back and howl and glow gold for a moment, restoring her to full capability.||Gives you time to attack her once or twice.|
|Ground Blast||She will rise up, bring her hands together, then slam her hands to the ground, causing a linear medium-range AOE. Medium recovery animation.||Lock onto Vicar Amelia, and when she reaches peak height, dodge to the upper left/right and attack.|
|Pounce||Usually done when she runs on all fours. She will leap into the air and try to hit you with her right claw.||Easily avoided by dodging to your left as she descends, and leaves her open to a hit or two.|
|Pincer||With arms wide open, she sweeps with both arms in front of her.||Dodge to the side and attack.|
|Turning Left Backhand||When the player is on her left, she will perform a turning left backhand.||Dodge left and attack|
|Turning Right Backhand||When the player is on her right, she will perform a turning right backhand.||Dodge right and attack|
|Retreating Left Backhand||She raises her left arm across her body and backhands to her left side as she steps back away.||If you are close, dodge to the side and attack.|
|Wide Right Sweep||She sweeps to the left with her right arm.||Dodge right and attack.|
|Wide Right Sweep and Backhand||She sweeps to the left with her right arm, pauses, then backhand sweeps to the right.||Dodge right and attack|
|Wide Left Sweep and Double Right Claw||Vicar Amelia sweeps with her left arm, then claws the ground twice with her right.||Dodge right and attack|
|Phase II||Attack Description||Counter|
|Ultimate Combo||Quickly slams the ground four times, wide right sweep, right backhand, then a long range right sweep.||If you are close, dodge to her side and attack.
If you are far, move back and don't get hit by the long range sweep.
|Heal||A channeling heal signaled when she joins both hands on the chest and emits a light. If you are too far, she will actually jump back and use this move.||You can interrupt this by attacking her repeatedly. (Varies by weapon)|
|Wide Left Sweep and Double Right Claw Pound||Vicar Amelia sweeps with her left arm, then claws the ground twice with her right and ending with a left ground pound.||Dodge right and attack.|
Strategy 1 (No Numbing Mist Needed)
You'll need some Bone Marrow Ash, Fire Paper, Molotovs, and as many Quicksilver Bullets. You will be using the Threaded Cane Whip and Repeating Pistol as weapons. The strategy for this is basically to learn her moves first so go through the fight a couple times and know what her tells are and how to time your dodges (you can see what happens when it's off).
- You want to save your Bone Marrow Ash for when she is going to heal if you run out that's what the Molotovs will help with.
- Use your Fire Paper with the whip and bring her health down and when she starts to heal use your Bone Marrow Ash with the Repeating Pistol to stagger her out of it (if this doesn't work you may need to upgrade the pistol).
- If you run out of Bone Marrow Ash use your Molotovs or run in and wail away with the fire whip (a normal whip won't do enough damage).
Get yourself the Saw Cleaver from the messengers or the Saw Spear from one of the hanging corpses in Central Yharnam. These weapons both have a hidden "serration" damage property that boosts their power against beasts. Bait out one of her swiping attacks, then dodge through it so that you're in place for a shot at her legs. Try to get 2 or 3 fast hits in, or just a single R2, then dodge away before she tries to backhand you. Repeat this process until her legs give out and she's on her knees. This is a signal that you can do a Visceral attack, so quick step yourself in front of her and rip her brains out. Repeat until dead.
If she's not giving you many opportunities to hit her legs, go for one of her arms first in order to stagger her. When she slowly raises one or both fists above her head, get ready to dodge the incoming shock wave. She will be open for a moment after using this attack, so use it to hit her arms for a potential stagger, which will open up her legs for punishment. If she jumps at you, try dodging towards her and to the side to get closer to her legs when she lands.
Fire Paper or Molotov Cocktails combined with Oil Urns can make this fight go by a bit faster.
Also bring Numbing Mist, and wait for the pause in between her attacks to throw it without getting countered. Apply the mist again every half minute or so to preemptively stop her from healing. Even if she is under the effects of the mist, she will still try (and fail) to heal if she has some distance from you, so use that as a cue to get in some more damage.
((Please respect these video posting guidelines))
- Mhazard- Vicar Amelia transformation cutscene
- JudasBlitzkrieg- Saw Spear +4 co-op strategy
- Artorias80- Vicar Amelia Boss Strategy (Without Numbing Mist) -
- ZOMBIEHEADZoCOM- Vicar Amelia, Simon's Bowblade (Arrows Only) Strategy
- Her healing ability can be cancelled and blocked by Numbing Mist. This item can be found early in the game by climbing the ladder behind the gate where the Wooden Shield is found, or by sending the Lonely Old Woman to Iosefka's Clinic, then speaking with Iosefka.
- Her fight arena can be reached without using the Hunter Chief Emblem. This is done by killing the Blood-Starved Beast, which triggers the unlocking of the door in Oedon Chapel that leads to the Healing Church Workshop. This area can be traversed to get behind the gate that would normally be opened by the emblem.
- After defeating her and interacting with the altar, it will be night time.
- Her dialogues can be heard before triggering the fight if the player stands at the top of the stairs and listens closely.
- Vicar Amelia shares her boss theme with the Cleric Beast, presumably because both Amelia and the Cleric Beast where once members of clergy and got turned into beasts.
- Fog gate glitch: If host engages cutscene without both players(summons) in the world, it wont allow the last player through.