Insight is a stat in Bloodborne. It governs the amount of inhuman knowledge you have acquired by exploring the game and defeating enemies. It is required to use the Beckoning Bell to summon other players into your game world. Please see Moon Phases to understand the "timezone" cycles, they are not related to Insight.
|"The Insight stat represents the depth of inhuman knowledge. Needed to ring special bell, but induces frenzy."|
- Each additional Insight reduces the Beasthood stat. Spending Insight alternatively increases the Beasthood stat.
- Each additional Insight reduces the Frenzy resistance.
- Insight cannot exceed a limit of 99.
- Note: Not all world related Insight changes are instant, like the bath messenger, so you might need to reload the area for the change to take effect.
- By entering most Boss arenas. (amount varies)
- By beating Bosses. (amount varies)
- By defeating bosses as a summoned guest in multiplayer. (+1)
- By successfully killing another player using the Sinister Bell. (+1)
- By consuming a Madman's Knowledge. (+1)
- By consuming a Great One's Wisdom. (+2)
- By consuming a One Third of Umbilical Cord. (+3)
- By consuming a Blood Dreg. (+1)
- By being grabbed by an invisible force outside the Oedon Chapel in Cathedral Ward. (+1)
- By sending quest NPCs to the safe haven at Iosefka's Clinic. (+1 for each, +2 if you send all)
- By entering the Abandoned Old Workshop. (+2)
- By entering Iosefka's Clinic from the Forbidden Woods back entrance. (+1)
- By entering Yahar'gul, Unseen Village in a bag. (+1)
- By finding Lecture Building 1st floor lamp. (+2) (Tonsil tongue NOT needed.)
- By entering Nightmare Frontier from the Lecture Building. (+2)
- By entering Nightmare of Mensis from the Lecture Building. (+3)
- By entering Forsaken Cainhurst Castle. (+2)
- By finding Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods in Cainhurst Castle (+2)
- By discovering Patches the Spider's true form. (+2)
- By "talking" to Master Willem. (+2)
- By seeing Arianna's Infant. (+3)
- You must use insight to use the Beckoning Bell. (-1)
- As of Patch 1.07, You must use insight to use the Old Hunter's Bell. (-1)
- Certain enemies can steal insight from you (non-recoverable).
- You can spend Insight on equipment at the Messengers after reaching 1 points.
- When you gain insight you will hear several, quick, faint whispers.
- Gaining insight will reduce frenzy resistance, while losing it will increase it again.
- Gaining insight will reduce beasthood, while losing insight will increase it again.
- Gaining insight has known to drive some "mad" yet the knowledge they gain is considrerd a blessing, thus making you more susceptible to frenzy.
- ^ Insight unlock demonstration video provided by Tomasz Gop, producer of Lords of the Fallen
- ^ Proven by video by Saechao Plus