Hunter is a Caryll Rune in Bloodborne.
| "A Caryll Rune that transcribes inhuman sounds.
This red-smudged rune means "Hunter", and has been adopted by those who have taken the Hunter of Hunters oath.
These watchmen admonish those who have become addled with blood. Be they men or beasts, anyone who has threatened the pledgers of the "Hunter" oath surely has an issue with blood."
- Increases stamina recovery speed by 10%.
- Members of the hunter covenant may be summoned into a blood-addled hunter's world without ringing the sinister bell as an invader.
While this rune is equipped, there is a small chance (~30%) that a summoned player will be hostile to you, or you will be hostile against a host who summoned you. It is unknown what conditions must be met to trigger this (if any), but even against players who do meet the conditions for it the effect will only activate about 1 time out of 3. It is assumed that players who frequently invade or kill NPCs are considered "Blood Addled" , though this has yet to be confirmed.
When the hostile summon effect triggers, the player who was summoned will spawn with a faintly purple glow instead of a blue one. This can be hard to notice if you aren't looking for it. Hostile summons occupy a summon slot, reducing the total number of other players the host can summon by one, but do not prevent an invader from also showing up. Hostile summons can attack invaders, normal summons, and the host. It is possible for a very unfortunate host to have two hostile summons, in which case the purple summons will be allied with each other and won't be able to attack each other, but can still attack the host and invader. If this happens, the host player will not be able to summon anyone else until one hostile summon is killed to free up the summon slot.
- Earned by completing the Eileen the Crow questline.
- Rune Workshop Tool is required in order to memorize this rune.
- The guidebook's information on the Hunter rune does not hold up under testing, unfortunately.
- The design of this rune may be a reference to the "Mark of Sacrifice" that is seen in the manga/anime Berserk.