Heir is one of the Caryll Rune in Bloodborne. It can be slotted in one of the 3 Caryll rune slots in the character screen.
- More Blood Echoes are gained from visceral attacks.
- Other Versions: There are 3 versions of this rune:
- Tier 1: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 30% increased Blood Echoes
- Tier 2: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 40% increased Blood Echoes
- Tier 3: Enemies killed with visceral attacks grant 50% increased Blood Echoes
- Tier 1 - 30% bonus - Encounter with Henryk and Eileen the Crow in Tomb of Oedon. Defeat Henryk together with Eileen the Crow and receive the rune. If Eileen the Crow dies during the encounter you need to defeat the hunter to receive the rune.
- Tier 2 - A stronger version(~40%) of the Rune is found in Yahar'gul, The Unseen Village on a corpse near the second Chime Maiden.
- Tier 3 - Pthumeru Ihyll Root Chalice (random chance)
- The effects of these runes stack with each other multiplicatively. This means that using Tier 1 (30%) and Tier 2 (40%) together will net an 82% gain to echoes, not 70%.
- This rune appears to apply a short duration buff that modifies your echoes gained, rather than directly increasing the echoes from the monster you visceralled. A monster that survives your visceral but dies shortly after (within 3-5 seconds) will still grant you the extra echoes. Some monsters can be quickly visceralled twice in a row from behind, and the bonus will apply twice multiplicatively. (e.g. using 40% and 50% heir runes, monster grants 2.1 times as many echoes visceralled once, 4.41 times as many echoes visceralled twice rapidly)
- Visceralling a chime maiden appears to also buff the echoes recieved from her summons dying. (confirmation needed)
- To memorize this rune, you must have the Rune Workshop Tool
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: df235ysm ( Treasure room between Chamber of the Seal lantern and Layer One lantern)
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: fp3kttda (First layer, first side room after Seal lamp)
- Heir Tier 3 - Glyph: zziz2qbx (Side area after Layer 3 lamp)
- You can still receive the bonus blood effect from the runes if the target is (technically) already dead and you did not get a visceral attack off before-hand. But, the killing blow must put them in visceral state (charged R2 from behind or timed shot)