Milkweed is a Caryll Rune in Bloodborne. It was added with The Old Hunters DLC.
| "A Caryll rune envisioned by Adeline, patient of the Research Hall.
A translation of the inhumane, sticky whispers that reveal the nature of a celestial attendant.
Those who swear this oath become a Lumenwood that peers towards the sky, feeding phantasms in its luscious bed. Phantasms guide us and lead us to further discoveries."
- Transforms the player into a celestial Kin form as part of an oath.
- With the Kos Parasite and milkweed rune, the player unique dodge animations and a slight increase in dodge distance.
- Caryll Rune of the Covenant: Lumenwood Kin
- Small increase in item discovery +10 (Only adds +9 if one has 50 arc and 3 eye runes equipped)
- To memorize this rune, you must have the Rune Workshop Tool.
- Kos Parasite receives an enhanced moveset, but the rune is required to use it effectively.
- Players receive reduced fall damage while rune is equipped.
- The inscription of the rune resembles the letters H, P and L(in the middle of the H), which could possibly be a reference to H.P. Lovecraft.
- Counterpart to the other transformation rune: Beast's Embrace.
- If you go to the Madman NPC figure at the very start of the fishing hamlet with the milkweed rune equipped, he gives you Accursed Brew.
- A special tongue / headbutt leap attack (Forward-R2)
- A special Arcane A.O.E. attack (L2) which consumes two Quicksilver Bullets. (Attack may be parried)
- A dashing heavy attack (R2) while transformed will make the character lunge forward with six long tentacles, whipping the target. (Each tentacle hits separately)
- Attacking an enemy from behind with a leap attack will trigger a backstab, allowing for a Visceral Attack.
- During combat, the character will writhe, behaving more as a kin while also using unique dodge animations. (Dodge distance increases slightly)