Saint Adeline is a non-player character in Bloodborne. She was added with The Old Hunters DLC.
Deformed and tied to a chair, this survivor of the research process says to be nearing a personal revelation. Helping her may bring about your own enlightenment.
This character can be found at the Research Hall in the room at the first floor of the Research Hall. Needs to be accessed from the back and the higher floors. She is the enlarged head creature bound to a chair.
- Can this NPC be an ally?: No
- Can this NPC be an enemy?: No
- Drops: If killed, will give 723 blood echoes and the Balcony Key
- Can be used to receive blood treatment and get Blood of Adeline.
- Stage 1:
- Stage 2:
- Stage 3:
- Triggered by using the Balcony Key to open the Balcony door. You must reload/refresh the area for the game to move her. May need to reload/refresh the area several times before this happens.
- Adeline transforms into a meat lump without body and sits by the door of her room. She asks for the fluid a third time.
- As it can be witnessed with previous lumps, they cannot be killed as they infinitely revive themselves and only drop Brain Fluid once, meaning that the last Brain Fluid needs to be gotten from Adeline herself.
- Killing her in this state will drop the fluid and make her regenerate.
- The last fluid will give her a revelation, granting you the Milkweed rune and permanently killing her in the process.
Spoiler code for this area. you can write it out and organizers apply spoilers for you!)
Saint Adeline seems to be one of the few, if not the last relatively sane survivor of the horrible Healing Church Experiments. Also, she is probably the only successful outcome as she eventually unravels the secret of how to ascend to kin (see the effects of Milkweed Rune), even if she dies in the process.
- If you kill her prior to her turning into a lump, she may not drop the Milkweed rune.
- You can do her quest line even after defeating all bosses in the DLC.
- Saint Adeline will not give you the "Blood of Adeline" item if "Blood of Adella" or "Blood of Arianna" is already in your inventory. Remove the blood items from your inventory and talk to Adeline again to receive the item.
- Receiving her blood isn't necessary to complete her quest line.
- Also killing Living Failures isn't necessary to obtain Milkweed rune.
- if you discard her blood she WILL NOT give you blood a second time, to fix reload the game.
- During Stage 2 don't use a bell while talking with her. Getting summoned into another world while in conversation with Adeline can skip her dialogue and put her in stage 3, without you getting the key.