Arianna, Woman of Pleasure is a non-player character in Bloodborne.
"But...would you even take a *****'s blood?"
A prostitute residing in one of the Cathedral Ward's darker corners. You can speak to her at her home in the Cathedral Ward as soon as you reach the area, but she won't seek sanctuary until you have defeated at least one boss from either Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Hemwick Charnel Lane or Yahar' Gul the Unseen Village.
- Arianna is a survivor who is found in the lower Cathedral Ward. Take the narrow stairs down from the big plaza with the 2 church giants, down the narrow sideway with the lantern enemies, to a street with 4 NPC lamps. It's the left hand door at the dead end.
- Asks for a safe haven when the players interacts with her after defeating 3 bosses. Tell her about the safe haven at Iosefka's Clinic OR Oedon Chapel..
- Able to send her to Oedon Chapel after killing at least one boss from either Cathedral Ward, Old Yharnam, Hemwick Charnel Lane or Yahar' Gul the Unseen Village.
- If sent to the Oedon Chapel:
- She will teach you the "Curtsy" gesture and offer a Blood of Arianna item when you talk to her.
- Adella the Nun, if present, will get jealous if the player uses Arianna's blood instead of hers, and may kill Arianna after you've accepted 3 vials of Arriana's Blood while she's present.
- To stop Adella from killing Arianna, simply remove Arianna's Blood Vial from your inventory if you have one and take Adella's Blood; if you have Adella's Blood in your inventory when you defeat Rom, Arianna won't be killed. Or just do not accept Arianna's Blood Vial & she will still be safe.
- Alternatively, killing Adella will also prevent her from killing Arianna.
- Like other NPCs, Arianna may be killed by the Suspicious Beggar, so it is not advised to send him to the Chapel if any NPC is present.
- If sent to Iosefka's Clinic:
- Iosefka will reward you with 2 Numbing Mist and 1 Insight.
- If you enter the clinic, Arianna can be found in the main hallway gazing through a window. Drops her shoes if killed. Will not agro; Hunter must strike first. While Young Yharnam girl is in blue alien form, she will walk through the hall and WON'T attack; once Arianna dies,Young Yharnam girl in alien form will attack you.
- If you choose to withhold information:
- Her shoes can eventually be found in Iosefka's Clinic, suggesting she found her own way there.
- Can she survive? Yes, if you prevent Adella from killing her and don't kill her yourself after she has given birth to the baby, she will live with the nightmarish baby. The text when picking up her shoes after killing the baby for the umbilical cord (will kills Arianna as well).
- Can this NPC be an ally? Yes. After killing three bosses in the game, Arianna will ask you if you know of a safe place. Refer her to Oedon Chapel, and she will be sitting in the Cathedral Ward after the next loading screen.
- Drops: If killed, will give 590 Blood Echoes and Arianna's Shoes (Drops in both areas, although if you sent her to Iosefka's Clinic you have to kill the creature she has become.)
Follow these steps to get One Third of Umbilical Cord.
- After killing at least three bosses and before the Blood Moon is up, speak to her at her home in the lower Cathedral Ward.
- When she asks for a safe place, refer her to the Oedon Chapel
- Once you killed Micolash, Host of the Nightmare, shes moves to the room between the Tomb of Odeon and Cathedral Ward lamps. Kill the infant to acquire One Third of Umbilical Cord and Arianna's Shoes.
Click to Show/Hide
- "Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day. What is it, then? I'm off during hunts, so if that's what you're here for, I'll leave you to your own devices. If that doesn't do it, come back in the morning, darling." - for male hunter.
- "Oh, my, what a queer scent... But I'd take it over the stench of blood and beasts any day. What is it, then? I'm off during hunts and besides this is no place for ladies. Wouldn't want to drag you down too..." [laughs] - for female hunter.
- "Oh, thank goodness. You're a hunter, right? Might you know of a safe place? The night is long and I've very little of the incense left... Please, there must be some nice place to run off to?" (Gives option of telling her)
- "Oh, thank you, darling. Maybe I'll see you there!"
- "Oh, hello dear. You weren't lying, this is a safe place. Thank you. I am in your debt." (Gives Curtsy)
- "I'd like to tender my thanks, but I haven't much to offer...all I can give is my blood. But would you even take a *****'s blood?"
- (If refused, or already carrying special blood): "Oh, you. I'm sorry. I'm afraid I can't help you. Unless you've had a change of heart?"
- "Oh, hello. The whole town's turned, has it? Quite a big family, aren't we? Though I'm afraid I seem to be the black sheep... Back for my blood, I presume."
- "Oh, hello. Come closer. I'm always happy to help."
- (after killing Rom, the Vacuous Spider) [hunched over, clutching herself] "Oh, hello there. Forgive me, I'm a bit out of sorts. So, no blood today, okay?"
- "Oh...there's something wrong with me..." [moans]
- (After killing Micolash, host of the Nightmare, having given birth) "It can't be...this is a nightmare..." [sobs and laughs]
- Arianna falls under the prophecy that is found in Byrgenwerth, "... And when the Great Ones descend, a womb will be blessed with child."
- So, not only does Arianna give birth to a "Child of Blood" like the Queen, the Blood of Arianna also has special properties like the Queen's.
- Arianna wears the Noble Dress found in Castle Cainhurst indicating she is a descendant of the nobles that lived there. (Although it is strange that when the hunter accepts Vileblood rune Queen Annalise says there are only two Vilebloods now, the hunter and herself, never mentioning Arianna at all. Given the properties of her blood and the fact that she wears Noble Dress one may think she is closely related to Vilebloods bloodline. Or maybe only Vilebloods killing other hunters are considered to be true Vilebloods by the Queen and other Vilebloods are of no use and importance to her?)
- Arianna's Blood has a description alluding to her blood having "forbidden" properties (forbidden according to the Healing Church, ie Vileblood)
- In the banquet hall where the Noble Dress is found, there is a portrait of a woman in a crown holding a blonde infant, suggesting a connection between Annalise and Arianna.
- Arianna can only be sent to Oedon Chapel before the blood moon is up. When the blood moon is up, you will get a message saying "No response".
- If you send Arianna to the clinic you can still receive a different third umbilical cord from Iosefka.
- Despite being killed by Adella or by the player after killing her Celestial Child, positioning the camera right will reveal that her character model still blinks
- It takes two Pebbles to kill the Celestial Child given birth by Arianna.