- The Lonely Old Woman is a survivor that can be found at Central Yharnam, located beyond the area with many Infected Hounds on the path to the sewer entrance. Upon first encounter there is a dog barking at her door.
- If sent to the Oedon Chapel:
- She will be located in a chair just down the steps in the chapel interior, nearest to the door leading towards Alfred.
- She has gradual changes in attitude towards the player. She is initially ungrateful, continuing to blame the Hunter for the bad things that have been happening. During the grey sky/night/overcast, she seems to be in a state of despair or madness, eventually only responding with panicked sobs/hysteria. After beating seven bosses[unconfirmed], she is very kind. If you answer "I have my woes" at this point, she will give the Hunter an increasing amount of Sedatives. 1 the first time, 2 the second, 3 the third.
- Upon using the "I have my woes" option 3 times, she will go out and look for more Sedatives, leaving a note to the player on her chair. When she comes back if the same option is used again she will give the player another Sedative and venture off again to find more. Upon returning again to the chapel, the Oedon Chapel Dweller will remark how she was murdered outside. You can venture through the door to the left of the lamp to find her body with remarkable bloodstains around her and one more Sedative on her corpse.
- It is possible for her to be killed by other NPCs that you've sent to the Chapel.
- If sent to Iosefka's Clinic:
- "Oh, you're a hunter, aren't ya? Then, well, do you know of any safe places?"
- "I've heard, I have. Shutting up indoors isn't always enough. If you hunters got off your arses, we wouldn't be in this mess. You're obligated to help me, you hear? So what'll it be? Are you gonna tell me, or not? "
- "What is it now? I've much better ways to pass the time. Unless... you've found me a nice, safe place?"
- "Yeah, I should've known. Ya good-for-nothing... No respect for the elderly is what that is! Yeah, fat lot of good you outsiders do. Go on, admit it, you think we're all mad, don't ya? Well, go and stuff it! I know all yer tricks!"
- "Oh, How did we ever get into this mess *sobs*"
- "Stay away from me. I know all your tricks."
- "Hehehehheh... Oh, Welcome home dear. What's wrong? Anything you'd like to tell me? Oh, whats the matter? Are you in a bind again?
- (Choosing 'I have my share of woes.') "Oh, my. You poor thing. But don't you worry. heh... h-heh... This will help you forget. Forget your troubles, forget your cares.... hehehmm heh heh..."
- (Choosing "No") "Oh good. What a relief. But you cant bottle everything up inside. You musn't be afraid to share."