The Labyrinth Sage is an enemy encountered in Chalice Dungeons. The sage's piercing scream announces that it's spotted another victim.
Despite their fragile and weak appearance, they prove strong, quick, durable and thus extremely dangerous. Additionally, their erratic and awkward movements make them hard to read while fighting. A Sage can easily catch unwary Hunters off guard.
- There are 3 variants of this enemy: Left Handed Sickle, Dual wielding Sickles, rapid poison corpse. Sickle Sages may have flaming weapons.
- Try to fight them 1 on 1; you don't want to be distracted, so have your full attention on them.
- They have a very large aggro radius and an impressive running speed.
- They have a variety of quick leap attacks, covering a fair distance. Try to dodge backwards, preferably to the sides.
- They can also be knocked down with charge attacks of Hunter's Axe and Burial Blade.
- Don't be fooled by their fragile appearance; they have high poise, especially when attacking. Ludwig's Holy Blade & Beast Roar are helpful.
- Every single one of their attacks can be parried (even jumping attacks), but slightly mistiming the staggershot can potentially kill you instantly, as some of their attacks (jumping attack with the sickles) can kill 50+ vitality builds with all hp runes in a single hit in cursed dungeons. Also, if your visceral doesn't kill it instantly, after it gets back up it tends to do an attack right away, making a parry chain possible.
|Chalice Dungeons, Depth 1-3||HP||1855||(x1-3) Drop%||(Rating) Drop%||(x1) Drop%||(x1) Drop%|
|Chalice Dungeons, Depth 4-5||HP||Echoes||(x1-3) Drop%||(Rating) Drop%||(x1) Drop%||(x1) Drop%|
- A variation wields a corpse wrapped in bandages. This particular version leaves poisonous clouds with each swing which inflicts Rapid Poison
- They wear a tattered chainmail that is identical to what Tomb Guardians wear.
- Sages babble to themselves and their hands twitch lively. Both signs are known as chorea and occur in human psychosis.
- The corpse that some wield is still alive, it moans and flexes its neck independent of the Sage.
- Mhazard -