Cainhurst Vilebloods is a covenant in Bloodborne. This covenant focuses on pvp and invasions.
"Pledgers to this oath are Cainhurst Vilebloods, hunters of blood who find dregs for their Queen of coldblood, particularly in that of hunters. Yet the corrupt are heretics in the eyes of the Church, thus subject to the wrath of the Executioners." - Corruption
"Once, a scholar betrayed his fellows at Byrgenwerth, and brought forbidden blood back with him to Cainhurst Castle. It was there that the first of the inhuman Vilebloods was born. The Vilebloods are fiendish creatures who threaten the purity of the Church's blood healing. The Ruler of the Vilebloods is still alive today." - Alfred
- Location: Cainhurst Castle
- How to Join: make sure you kneel to Talk to Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods and agree with joining the Covenant.
- Leader: Annalise, Queen of the Vilebloods.
- Special Items: Vileblood Register
- Caryll Rune of the covenant: Corruption
- Rewards: Cainhurst Badge to purchase the Chikage katana, the Reiterpallasch rapier, the Evelyn handgun and the Cainhurst Set
Cainhurst Vilebloods Details
- Blood Dregs, which are used to rank up in this covenant, are found by killing other hunters or NPC hunters.
- After giving 99+ Dregs, I don't believe there are other ranks available, If more are found, this line will be removed.
- Summoning or Ranking Mechanics
- Special Rank Rewards
- According to Alfred, the Vilebloods were born because of the actions of an unknown scholar at Byrgenwerth. He brought "forbidden blood" to Cainhurst Castle, where the corruption began and opposition to the church started to form.
- Almost all the Vilebloods were wiped out by the Executioners in a daring raid of the castle. The queen was kept alive, but trapped and hidden away by an illusion by Martyr Logarius for reasons unknown. However, Arianna's existence raises questions as to whether or not there are others from the Cainhurst lineage that survived the purge and/or managed to escape.
Notes, Hints and Tips
- Covenant farming tips, video links etc go here.
- Blood dregs are dropped by NPC hunters aswell, you can use the resonant bell and kill NPCs in other worlds. Areas that have numerous NPCs are a substantial farming location such as: Yahar'gul Chapel (3 NPC gank squad) or Nightmare Frontier. (Note: Must have the Vileblood rune equipped for blood dregs to drop.)
- If you deliver the Unopened Summons to Alfred and allow him to kill Annalise, you will be unable to join or interact with the Vileblood covenant in that playthrough until you revive Annalise at the Altar of Despair using the Queenly Flesh.
- No perceivable changes to gaining rank, tested at rank 1 of Vilebloods, and no additional dialog with the Queen