Molotov Cocktail is a Projectile in Bloodborne.
"Explodes in raging flames when thrown against an object. One of the oldest hunter tools available in the workshop.
Since the tragedy that struck Old Yharnam, fire has become a staple in beast hunts, and is thought to cleanse impurity.
Certain types of beasts have an abnormal fear of flame."
- When the Hunter throws a Molotov Cocktail and hits an enemy, it deals fire damage.
- It also deals splash damage to the surrounding area of impact.
- You can use an Oil Urn first to double the fire damage dealt.
- There is a slight delay between activation and when the Hunter actually throws the cocktail.
- Keep this in mind against fast moving targets.
- It's best to use them when the enemy won't move from a spot for a time, or they move in a predictable manner.
- 180 Blood Echoes [Base Price]
- 380 Blood Echoes [After entering the Cathedral Ward]
- 860 Blood Echoes [After defeating Vicar Amelia]
- 1600 Blood Echoes [After defeating Rom, The Vacuous Spider]
- 2000 NG+
- It's available at the beginning and sold by the Messengers.
- 6x Central Yharnam, at the start of the level, near the lever to the ladder that leads to the lamp.
- 4x Central Yharnam, behind a bonfire where you can drop down from the bridge near the lamp.
- 4x Central Yharnam, beside the brick troll under the great bridge, next to the Torch.
- 4x Cathedral Ward, in front of the church where you open the path that leads to Old Yharnam.
- 4x Old Yharnam, on the rafters above the building with the hanging beast, accessed from Djura's tower.
- Molotov Cocktails deal a considerable amount of fire damage, are fairly cheap, and do not have a stat requirement in order to use them.
- They do have an "A" rank in Arcane, making them useful for arcane builds in need of a long ranged fire attack.
- It should also be noted that they do have a "D" rank in STR, although this is negligible for the amount of damage it gives you.
- In general, anyone can use them since they deal effective amounts of fire damage from a safe distance.
- There are multiple versions of the Molotov Cocktail in this game. All of them are used in a different manner and thus can broaden your strategies:
- You cannot harm yourself with your own Molotov Cocktail.
- Molotov Cocktails are used in the same exact manner in this game as its real life counterpart.
- They were cheap and easy to make, which is likely one of the reasons why the citizens of Yharnam and Hunters alike use them.
- Regular fire was also effective against the beasts, and since they can be thrown safely from a distance, it's yet another reason why they were a popular item.
- When the Hunter throws a Molotov Cocktail, it will already have its cloth lit on fire the second it's shown in his/her hand.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!