Hunter's Dream is a location in Bloodborne. Also known as Dream Refuge, it is the place where the player goes after their first death and operates as a central hub, providing trade and upgrade services. The player can port from this location to any of the Lamps that they have activated.
- Upon your first death and visit the doors to the house will be locked. On the staircase the Messengers will offer you a Trick Weapon, a Firearm and a Notebook.
- After you enter Central Yharnam and light the Lamp there the house will open on your next visit.
- After you have entered your first Boss arena, or gained 1 Insight, the Plain Doll will be alive upon your next visit. You can then talk to her to level up your stats.
- On the staircase the Messengers will now offer you your first multiplayer items: the Beckoning Bell and the Silencing Blank.
- After you have gained 1 Insight, a second set of Bath Messengers will unlock, allowing you to trade Insight for items. If you fall below 1 Insight, the merchant will become unavailable again after you close the dialogue window.
- Once the blood moon rises or having 50 Insight, the music in the Dream will change to another soundtrack, Moonlit Melody, focusing on the voice more than the instruments.
- After defeating Mergo's Wet Nurse, the Hunter's Dream will change as morning is almost here. If you talk to Gehrman after the fire starts, you are at the point of no return. See New Game Plus page for information.
- At seemingly random points during the story logging into the game while stationed in the Hunter's Dream will cause random voices or conversations to be heard by the Hunter.
- In a corner, next to the altar at the farthest end of the house, is a page, with information on the main goal of the Hunters during the night of the hunt: "To escape this dreadful Hunter's Dream, halt the source of the spreading scourge of beasts, lest the night carry on forever."
- There are more than 360 headstones in the Hunter's Dream.
- A book titled "How to Pick Up Fair Maidens" can be found in the book pile.
- The Hunter's Dream originated from the Abandoned Old Workshop.
- Bath Messenger (Buy and sell items)
- Stump Messengers (Set Messenger Skin)
- Insight Messengers (Buy items, online items, and Boss/NPC Attire using Insight)
- Headstones of Awakening (Warp to locations in the world)
- Workshop (Upgrade and repair weapons)
- Storage (Inventory management)
- Memory Altar (Equip Caryll Runes)
- Ritual Altars (Generate and warp to Chalice Dungeons)
- Saw Cleaver
- Hunter Axe
- Threaded Cane
- Hunter Pistol
- Hunter Blunderbuss
- Beckoning Bell
- Silencing Blank
From the start, move forward to find an inanimate doll, and then interact with the Messenger sign ahead to find your first tutorial tip:
"The Messengers offer you a Trick Weapon. Choose one. Trick Weapons are wielded with the right hand, and employed in beast hunting."