Tonsil Stone is a Key Item in Bloodborne.
| "A latticed, deformed rock, or perhaps a meteorite.
Appears useless, but possesses some odd gravitational force that prevents its riddance. A dubious soul once said:
"Step lightly round to the right of the great cathedral, and seek an ancient, shrouded church... The gift of the godhead will grant you strength..." "
- Will allow access to the Nightmare Frontier when grabbed by Amygdala in the church at the end of a path to the left of (while exiting) Grand Cathedral.
Available in the Forbidden Woods - The man in a house at the edge of the hamlet. on a hill, near the dog cages. This NPC will give you the Tonsil Stone even after having killed Rom, The Vacuous Spider.
Available from any red lantern NPCs after killing Vicar Amelia and entering the Forbidden Woods. The same voice will greet you at these doors, offering the stone and the same dialogue. You will not be able to obtain the Tonsil Stone from these NPCs after having killed Rom, The Vacuous Spider which means the Forbidden Woods NPC will be your only option.
- Lantern locations:
- Central Yarnham - Gilbert is available right at the first lightpost. Before the large bonfire is a red lantern door near a wagon. After taking the first railing skip there is a small fountain with a red lantern and door.
- Cathedral Ward - Instead of going left to Hemwick, go right. In the area with the hunter encounter you will find two red lanterns that may provide the stone.
- Hemwick Charnel Lane - House between first lightpost and elevator.
- Lanterns with NPCs you sent away will not offer the stone
*You Cannot use this if you have already done the nightmare bosses.
*The voice speaking during the Tonsil Stone monologue is of Patches the Spider. If you get grabbed by Amygdala, this will be the NPC you will meet in Lecture Building (1F).
- Tonsil translates to "Amygdale" in French, in Spanish it is "Amigdala" and in Greek it is "αμυγδαλα" (amygdala).
- You won't lose your blood echoes when grabbed by Amygdala, however if you get grabbed by Amygdala again for the next time, you will lose health or potentially die due to Frenzy.
- After 40 Insight the Amygdala will be visible
- See Patches the Spider for more details