Empty Phantasm Shell is a Hunter Tool.
"Empty invertebrate shell that is said to be a familiar of a Great One. The Healing Church has discovered a great variety of invertebrates, or phantasms, as they are called.
Shells with slime still harbour arcane power, and can be rubbed on weapons to imbue them with their strength."
- In a chest on the upper level of the mansion in Byrgenwerth (beware of an ambush from a hidden Mi-Go Zombie above.)
- This Hunter Tool adds a flat amount of Arcane damage (80) to a right-handed weapon that can be buffed with Hunter Tools/Consumables.
- The enchantment lasts 60 seconds before disappearing.
- Note: This Hunter Tool has no scaling benefits with Arcane.
- Costs 3 Quicksilver Bullets to utilize:
- Strategic usage of Blood Bullets can eliminate your reliance on Quicksilver Bullets to achieve sustained use of the Hunter Tool.
- As with Bolt Paper and Fire Paper, the Empty Phantasm Shell cannot be used on any weapon that naturally has non-physical damage in any form:
- Due to its low Arcane requirement, it can be a useful addition for builds that use only 15 points in Arcane for access to low Arcane Hunter Tools like the Old Hunter Bone, Messenger's Gift and Beast Roar.
- Empty shells are often times the result of a creature who died and thus left the shell abandoned. Due to the Healing Church's experimentation with phantasms (and by extention, the Choir), it's possible these shells are all that's left of "failed experiments," other than the ones that were possibly discovered in the Chalice Dungeons.