Old Hunter Bone is a Hunter Tool.
"The bone of an old hunter whose name is lost.
It is said that he was an apprentice to old Gehrman, and a practitioner of the art of Quickening, a technique particular to the first hunters.
It is most appropriate that hunters, carriers of the torch who are sustained by the dream, would tease an old art from his remains. "
- When using this hunter tool, the Hunter appears to teleport while rolling or using the quickstep technique.
- The time in between rolls is also greatly reduced, allowing the player to quickstep and roll far faster than normal for a short period of time.
- It also grants a very slight stealth effect to rolls and quicksteps, making it difficult for opponents in PVP to guess where exactly you're going to move next.
- There is no limit to how many times you can use the Old Hunter Bone, so long as you have the necessary Quicksilver Bullets to activate it.
- The Old Hunter Bone is located in the Abandoned Old Workshop. Go to the Cathedral Ward, take the elevator up then run across the bridge to the tower and stay on the outside (Healing Church). Go right then fall down, you'll find a long shaft that you can find a way to fall. Go along the right side and fall on a platform underneath the initial platform. You'll see a trail of platforms that eventually take you to a door. This leads to the Abandoned Old Workshop, the source of the Hunter's Dream. You will find this hunter tool on the grave on top of the hill next to the workshop.
- This hunter tool is used by the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst during the last part of Eileen the Crow's storyline.
- Once the minimum requirements are met to wield this hunter tool, it's useful for any arcane build due to the power it grants.
- However, due to its low arcane requirement (15), there are many builds who can function on 15 arcane to gain access to this powerful hunter tool, while also gaining the ability to use other hunter tools such as the Empty Phantasm Shell, Beast Roar and Messenger's Gift.
- It should be noted that the Old Hunter Bone does not scale with arcane in any form, similar to the mentioned hunter tools above.
- Using the Blood Bullet technique will completely eliminate the need for Quicksilver Bullets, granted that you keep in mind the health cost.
- If you have The Old Hunter DLC, you'll notice that the grave where you find the Old Hunter Bone in the Abandoned Old Workshop corresponds with the awakening stone to reach the DLC areas. It's possible that one of the old hunters you meet in the DLC could be to whom the bone belonged to.
- A popular theory states that the Old Hunter Bone belongs to Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower; this is due to the fact that Lady Maria has the enhanced quickstep technique of the bone yet is not seen casting it (compared to the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst who must repeatedly cast the spell).
- Further supporting the idea of the bone belonging to Lady Maria is that the grave is located in a special location close to the workshop. Gehrman is hinted by several item descriptions to having "a certain kind of mania" regarding Maria and may have buried her near the workshop to pay tributes to her.
- On top of this, the Plain Doll can sometimes be seen looking at that particular grave and found there. It is speculated that the Plain Doll was created in the image of Lady Maria, which could explain why the Plain Doll is found there.
- However, at the same time there is no concrete evidence that it did in fact belong to Lady Maria. The art of enhanced quicksteps wasn't unique to Lady Maria alone, and hunters armed with this tool can replicate the art as well.
- However the description of the Old Hunter Bone says "his remains". This likely means the Old Hunter Bone does not belong to Maria, but an unknown male hunter.