Small Resonant Bell in Bloodborne is an online item that allows a player to join another player's world for amicable cooperation.
"Small bell discovered in the old underground labyrinth.
Its ring resonates across worlds, and the first hunter used it as a special signal to call hunters from other worlds to cross the gap and cooperate.
This bell resonates with its counterpart, the Beckoning Bell. Ring to help hunters in other worlds.
Note: Online use only. Cannot use this item offline."
Online Item. The Small Resonant Bell is an infinite-use item that can be used to join a game where a player is seeking help by ringing a Beckoning Bell. Once the Small Resonant Bell resonates with a Beckoning Bell, you will join another players game and be able to help them.
If you are currently part of either the Cainhurst Vilebloods or the Executioners covenant, Hosts will be hostile if they belong to the opposing covenant.
- This item only becomes available to be purchased after the player is gifted the Beckoning Bell and Silencing Blank by the messengers.
- If the player obtains their first Insight while in the dream (by using Madman's Knowledge), the Insight shop will become active immediately, but the Small Resonant Bell will be unavailable to be purchased due to requiring a zone restart for messengers to gift the Beckoning Bell/Silencing Blank to the player.
- Can only be used in areas containing a boss. Some areas require you to activate certain events before you can summon (ie. Cathedral Ward - You must open all three large gates before you can use multiplayer items.).
- A Host can summon a Guest whose level is within 20+20% (always rounded down) levels of her/his own level (ie. a level 80 Host can only summon a Guest whose level is between 44 and 116, inclusive). This restriction does not apply when a password is used.
- A Guest will appear in a Host's world at the location at which the Guest was standing in her/his own world at the time (s)he was summoned.
- If a Host and Guest are part of opposing covenants (Cainhurst Vilebloods and Executioners), they will, instead, be hostile towards each other.
- A Guest will remain in a Host's world until the Host dies, the Guest dies, an area boss is defeated, or either player uses a Silencing Blank to end the session.
- Help a Host kill an area boss, and you will receive 1 Insight.
- As a Guest, your health is reduced to 70% of your normal maximum.
- Co-op bells will only work if both players are in the same area. There are hidden boundaries that can restrict co-op, these areas are often bound by gates and similar passages.
- While standing still after ringing the bell, you can see pulsing rings around your character.
- Trivia goes here
- Connection Bug: If you suspend Bloodborne for any reason or set your PS4 to rest mode while Bloodborne is open, the game will not report as such, but you will essentially be offline, disconnected from the server. If you are spending a long time looking for a person to summon or trying to be summoned, this is the reason. Close the Bloodborne app, and restart the game to restore your connection.